Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I just can't figure out how to send a simple SPIDF signal to my Kemper. I've done that a hundred times with other interfaces, even older presonus devices.

I have a guitar track in my DAW with the configured output SPIDF left and for some reason studio 1824c feeds the main output into that so that I'm reamping the whole track. If I turn every output off except SPIDF it still sounds weird, like theres a feedback loop.

This used to be so easy on the presonus 1818vsl I once had and now this thing makes my brain pour out of my ears trying to understand the routing.

Please help!
by floriandetzer on Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:40 pm
Ok figured it out, in case someone stumbles over this post or want to look it up (hi future me who will definitly forget all of this) here's how it works.

The S/PDIF Dropdown menu sends the whole mix out to the S/PDIF output, so whatever goes into that mix, goes out the S/PDIF output and if you leave it on Main Mix, which is the default setting, you're creating an endless loop. Whoever designed this clearly wanted reamping to be as complicate as possible.

To solve this, I set the S/PDIF dropdown to MIX 5/6 and sent the track in my DAW to track 5, which will go into MIX 5/6 in the Studio 1824c and mute everything else in there, except S/PDIF 2, which is the hardware output of the interface. Sending the track to S/PDIF 2 in the DAW does send it to the shadow realm of feedback loops. Legends say, to this day, my signal is still out there somewhere in this realm, waiting to be reamped.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1