Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
1 post
Page 1 of 1
I just got a Studio 1824c interface and immediately from plugging it in, I'm getting pretty constant popping and crackle with all types of audio. Spotify, local files and youtube videos, all have the same issues. I've installed the latest version of Universal Control and it's recognizing the interface, as well as Windows as a sound source. I've used a lot of interfaces over the years and sometimes I've had popping issues in a DAW but very rarely in normal use.

Before this, I was using a StudioLive AR8c as a temporary interface and had very minimal clicks and pops outside of a DAW. I switched directly over to the 1824c and the problems started right away. I haven't even set the interface up in my DAW (Reaper) yet bc I wanted to solve this first.

I've read that this could be any number of issues from latency, to CPU spikes. Here's what I've tried so far, with no luck:

- Made sure Universal Control was up to date and tried all block sizes.
- Reverted UC to multiple versions and triad all block sizes.
- Made sure I'm using the latest 24c drivers.
- Made sure my PC was in High Performance mode.
- Made sure my CPU was set to 100% as minimum load.
- Turned off C-States in my Bios.
- Made sure all Windows Drivers are up to date.

PC Specs:

- Ryzen R9 3900x CPU
- GTX 1080ti GPU
- 64GB DDR4 Ram
- Windows 10 64-bit

Any help would be appreciated, this is driving me crazy. If you need additional information please let me know!

1 post
Page 1 of 1