Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey everyone, I recently had a PC meltdown and decided to upgrade to the machine in my specs below, but I was able to swap over my existing SSD system drive and everything is working fine after reactivating a few plugins.
But one thing is happening I've never seen before. If I have any audio that spikes the interface into the red momentarily, it kills the audio engine (I assume ... it mutes and nothing can be heard, while the meters on the 1810C are frozen on maximum) and the only solution is to restart S1.
Yes, obviously I don't want to be sending levels into the red, but an errant pick-up slap or snare slam abruptly peaks the audio and the sound is muted. Playback, etc, works (the software isn't frozen) but there's no audio, the 1810C is stuck on redline and silent.
Is this some kind of by-design protection feature? I've had to work with imported, clipped audio before and this hasn't happened.
I'm using S1 Version 5 Pro (latest) and the latest driver release too. While I've cheated somewhat by installing the previous OS rather than re-installing everything, in general everything is working great.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Windows 11 64 bit, 12th gen i5 eight core CPU, 32GB RAM, 1810C interface, SSD drive (system) and USB SSD for audio and samples.
Studio One 6.5, Latest UC driver
by Trucky on Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:39 am
Did you ever have this issue before?
Just confirming that you're running Universal Control v3.5.2.65533?
If so, try uninstalling first, reboot and reinstall it.

https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-1810c/downloads

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by GMHague on Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:02 am
Trucky wroteDid you ever have this issue before?
Just confirming that you're running Universal Control v3.5.2.65533?
If so, try uninstalling first, reboot and reinstall it.

https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-1810c/downloads

Thanks Trucky, no, I've never seen this before and I've had the 1810C for over a year now. I did allow S1 to update the Universal Driver, which maybe doesn't go through that process quite the same as the method you're suggesting. Worth a try, you think?

Windows 11 64 bit, 12th gen i5 eight core CPU, 32GB RAM, 1810C interface, SSD drive (system) and USB SSD for audio and samples.
by Trucky on Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:30 am
Close out of Studio One and all other programs.
Uninstall UC using the Windows uninstaller.
Reboot and reinstall UC.

Submit a Support Ticket (see below) if you still have issues.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by GMHague on Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:13 pm
Trucky wroteClose out of Studio One and all other programs.
Uninstall UC using the Windows uninstaller.
Reboot and reinstall UC.

Submit a Support Ticket (see below) if you still have issues.

Thanks again, Trucky. I'll give it a whirl and let you know. Cheers!

5 posts
Page 1 of 1