Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Anyone else had trouble updating firmware on the Studio 1824c? I'm stuck in an endless cycle, where it attempts to upgrade, then complains it can't connect (see images below). I'm on OSX 11.3.

by Trucky on Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:37 pm

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by tylerlemmond on Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:53 pm
I am having the same issue
by milanhawkins on Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:59 am
In the end I resolved this by plugging the 1824c into a different machine and updating that way. Tech support suggested I should try unplugging all other USB devices, but I can't do that on my iMac as I boot from an external USB-C drive.
by renrutten on Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:28 am
Hi, What i did: First I opened the UniversalControl app, then I disconnected the usb-C cable and connected it again. then it 'sees' the 1824C and the update runs... Hope it will help others.
by dannybechtel on Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:21 pm
renrutten wroteHi, What i did: First I opened the UniversalControl app, then I disconnected the usb-C cable and connected it again. then it 'sees' the 1824C and the update runs... Hope it will help others.

This helped me; thanks very much! I had the same issue described by the original poster, but was able to solve it by following this suggestion. I closed "Universal Control," unplugging the USB C, reopened "Universal Control," then plugged in the USB C, and it updated quickly and without issue.

Thanks again renrutten!
by pierreproulx on Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:12 pm
I had the same problem when trying to upgrade the 1824c firmware.

The solution mentioned in the previous posts didn't work for me as described but
I managed to solve the issue by:

- Quitting out of Universal Control.
- Powering OFF the 1824c and disconnecting the USB cable.
- Restarting Universal Control.
- Powering ON the 1824c.
- Reconnecting the USB cable in a different USB 3.0 port.

The different USB port really was the solution for my configuration.

After that, the firmware upgraded successfully.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Barbadel | Electronic music producer | Canada

Windows 10 Pro 64bits
Intel i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz
NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
24GB RAM / 20TB HDs
Studio One 6.0 Pro / StudioLive 24.4.2 / Studio 1824c
by olivernaused on Sat May 20, 2023 10:58 am
had the same problem and my solution was:
connecting the usb-c to usb-A cable directly to the PC and not to an usb hub like before
by charleswesselkamper on Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:50 pm
FINALLY!

I have solved the problem. Thanks to the posts above for helping me. This has been plaguing me, and I thought I would never fix it.

What I did to update firmware:

1. Open Universal Control with Presonus 1824c plugged in, and showing connection to UC
2. Unplug the USB C directly from Presonus Interface (in the back). UC will then show that nothing is connected.
3. Plug USB C into the back of Presonus Interface.
4. Press update firmware.
5. Updated immediately.

**Note: I used a USB C to USB C cord (specifically the one from my macbook charger) between my computer and Interface for the update. I was operating from a USB converter hub. I'm not sure if the hub caused the problem, but the matter was solved with a direct connection regardless.**

Also, in order to get my Line Outs working properly on Interface for my headphone amp in logic (for headphone mixes) I BYPASSED the mixer in Universal control.

Hope anyone who is having this problem tries this unfortunately silly method!
by panchougalde on Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:04 pm
milanhawkins wroteIn the end I resolved this by plugging the 1824c into a different machine and updating that way. Tech support suggested I should try unplugging all other USB devices, but I can't do that on my iMac as I boot from an external USB-C drive.

THIS IS THE WAY HOW TO SOLVE IT!!! JUST CONSIDER ALWAYS TO OPEN THE APP AND THEN PLUG THE C CABLE.

THANKS A LOT!!!
by panchougalde on Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:05 pm
Trucky wrotePlease submit a Support Ticket.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

THIS IS JUST PURE AND SIMPLE WASTING TIME... :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

11 posts
Page 1 of 1