Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've submitted a trouble ticket and figured I would post here as well.

Please link to the correct forum if this is incorrect, or remove it if irrelevant.

Also please link to other posts that are relevant to the issue.

I have had no issues until this last weekend.

My Studio 1824c started losing connection then reconnected right away.
I have attempted reseating cables and re-installing universal audio.

The issue that has persisted, however, is very intermittent.

I believe it's an issue with the cables. I had type c to type c and switched to type c to type USB and it seems to be working however I've still had a couple of dropouts.

It may be an issue with how my pc is delegating traffic but as I said, this is the first that this issue has presented itself in the last couple of months.

I'm running on Windows 10.

Thanks!
by alecjaks on Wed May 26, 2021 9:30 pm
I've sent my system file to PreSonus and we'll see what they say. I'm pretty suspicious of the type-c connector on the back of the Studio 1824c. No issues today, but it can be an hour or two before it starts disconnecting.
by alancoppage on Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:38 pm
I had this problem recently. I have installed a new USB cable and as of right now it seems to be working as before. It would lose connection and then come right back, then lose it again. Apparently the cable from Presonus is not that great.
by ralphlaplante on Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:13 am
Yep. I had the same issue with this 1824c as well as the Quantum thunderbolt unit. They would work great until they just didn't. I changed the USB 3 cable to a Dewalt braided cable and it worked right away. You'd think for what Presonus charges for these units, they wouldn't skimp on the cable. It's pretty frustrating! 2 different products, and two sets of headaches. I just wanna JAM! Oh and that Universal control app? USELESS!

4 posts
Page 1 of 1