Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey everybody,
how can I monitor my input signal in Stereo with the Presonus Studio 24c ? I've tried everything but can't get a stereo signal with direct monitoring.
Thanks, Sascha

Windows 10 64 bit // Intel i5 11600K -- 16GB Ram// Presonus Studio One 5.5 Pro // Presonus ATOM SQ // Presonus Faderport 2 // SPL Creon // Adam A7x // Yamaha MODX8 - Korg Prologue16 - Roland TD17KVX - Korg Wavedrum - Roland XP30 - Fractal AX8
http://www.youtube.com/user/basspartout
by SwitchBack on Thu May 13, 2021 2:09 am
Maybe stating the obvious, but for stereo:
- you have to use one of the headphone outputs or a pair of line outputs
- you have to link or pan the input channels in the monitor mix

For a stereo source like an effects processor or a keyboard the two input channels it uses must be linked into a stereo pair (not set to zero spread) or each channel will be treated as a mono input.

For a mono source like a mic or a guitar’s instrument cable the signal will be dead center unless you pan the mono input channel it uses a little to left or right in the mix you’re listening to.
by basspartout on Thu May 13, 2021 1:24 pm
Sorry, Switchback, you're indeed stating the obvious but this is not what I meant. The emphasis is on DIRECT monitoring here.

Presonus support confirmed in the meantime, that DIRECT (!) monitoring in STEREO is NOT possible with the 24c, because direct monitoring simply sums the two inputs.
The only way to monitor in stereo is through Studio One, then of course with all processing and latency. :thumbdown:

The first interface out of the Studio series that allows to pan the inputs left and right and also to link them as a stereo pair in the Universal Control Mixer - thus being able to monitor in Stereo WITHOUT going through the DAW - is obviously the 1810c.

:roll:

Windows 10 64 bit // Intel i5 11600K -- 16GB Ram// Presonus Studio One 5.5 Pro // Presonus ATOM SQ // Presonus Faderport 2 // SPL Creon // Adam A7x // Yamaha MODX8 - Korg Prologue16 - Roland TD17KVX - Korg Wavedrum - Roland XP30 - Fractal AX8
http://www.youtube.com/user/basspartout

3 posts
Page 1 of 1