Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

I'm a brand new user. I'm trying to record vocals via microphone through my Studio 24C. I followed the set up instructions (as outlined below) and I've looked through the knowledge base to try and troubleshoot, but I cannot hear anything through my headphones (I don't have a monitor) either while recording or during playback, even though I can see that sound is being registered (so my laptop system is detecting the noise, so the problem seems to be with Studio One). I'm using Studio One Professional 5.2.0.

My settings:
    Audio device is set to Studio 24C in the options
    Audio I/O setup is set to left-hand input (input 1) (see attached screenshot)
    Windows 10 sound settings setup - input = Studio24, output =headphones
    48V button is on on the interface

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks,

Sarah

Attachments
audio io setup.png
Audio I/O setup
by sarahjacob1 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:04 pm
Second screenshot attached!

Attachments
windows sound settings.png
by SwitchBack on Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:24 am
Hi and welcome to these forums :)

Are you on Mac or PC? On a Mac you can have different audio interfaces for inputs and outputs. On PC I don't think that's possible. Or is it nowadays?

And then for the first picture you posted note that you posted the Inputs tab, where for outputs you want the Outputs tab obviously (easy to miss).

Also, it always helps to watch the meters in S1. As soon as you 'arm' a track (select it for recording) input signals should show on the meters.

See how that helps you :)
by robmyers3 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:27 pm
Perhaps try plugging the headphones into the 24C and setting the audio output to the 24C.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1