Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've just bought an 1824c to use in my studio to replace an M-Audio Profire 2626. I use an 8-input converter (Firestation, as it happens) via ADAT to allow more inputs, and need to monitor those inputs.

I can't get this to work in Universal Controller. I see the signal coming in on ADAT ports (say 1-2 in this case), and I can record it fine in Cubase, but it is not monitoring on the main output or indeed any of the other outputs, despite the fader being turned up.

adat not monitoring.JPG
ADAT 1-2 with input, but not monitoring.

The Mic input (input 1) works as expected:

mic monitoring.JPG
Mic Monitoring OK

Any clues, anyone? I saw an old (2019) post of someone saying the same thing, but without any replies. I can't see what's different between the ADAT channel and the mic channel, and I don't want to monitor via my DAW (which I had to do today).
by SwitchBack on Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:33 pm
Hi and welcome to these forums :)

Odd. Did you select 'Mixer Bypass' on the UC settings page? In that case the 1824c's internal mixers are defeated and all the interface's outputs take their signals straight from the computer.
by djstpeters on Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:05 pm
Hi - thanks!

No, Mixer Bypass isn't selected (alas!)

3 posts
Page 1 of 1