Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey, I just bought the 24c and have noticed both gain knobs working very unusually.

The signal is very low, until I turn it up to full, where it suddenly jumps up to a much higher gain with lots of noise. I've included a sound clip of a constant sine wave playing while I turn up and down the gain.

This happens on both channels, for both XLR (using an AT2020) and line input, and when phantom power is on and off. Has anyone experienced something similar? Not sure whether I'm missing something or if it's a fault.

24c Troubleshooting.wav
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 130 times
by aviblum on Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:43 am
I'm experiencing the same issue. I've never had a pot that worked like this. It could be the pot itself or the preamp, I don't know which as it's not my field of expertise. Just know it's different and unlike others I've used in the past.

Hoping for some updates...
by thomasfucoloro on Sun May 16, 2021 12:24 pm
Just created an account to report the same exact issue. Latest drivers, studio 24c, Windows 10. It might be annoying enough to return it unless there is a fix. I’m thinking I should have trusted my gut and gone for the Scarlet 2i2 instead…
by volkervaessen on Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:38 pm
Hi there, I got basically the same problem. We used my brand new 24c during soundcheck and it sounded weak and it seemed to have phase issues. Then we plugged in my 10y old spare Avid Mbox , oh god how great that thing sounded. What a difference. Its hard to believe. Is there anything you can do wrong with the 24c? I borrowed that Focusrite Scarlet that you mentioned a few weeks ago. It sounded much more like the Mbox than the 24c. I regret the purchase of the 24c. But they build it into my rack... so I cannot send it back... and use my Mbox as long as there are drivers for it....
by ennbr on Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:15 pm
Can I ask are you using XLR male/female cables or XLR to 1/4" cables

Bruce

Computers:
Mini PC Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 boot, 4TB data Win 11
Laptop ASUS Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 4TB SSD data Win 11
Software: Studio One Pro 6, Notion 6.8, Melodyne Studio 5
Audio Interfaces: Moto 1248, M4
External Storage: Samples 3x 2TB SSD's, Projects 4TB SSD

5 posts
Page 1 of 1