Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
18 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
My recently purchased 1824c (NOV 2020) will turn on, but the power on light remains red. The input meters flash once and the 48v, line switches etc, remain dim.
I have tried different USB cable as well as plugging it in to my laptop (also usb c).
UC doesn't see it nor does Studio One.
There is very little in the way of troubleshooting on the net and nothing in the manual.
I'm using an iMac/Catalina
Anyone had a similar issue?

Cheers
by mattgossen on Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:56 pm
I was having this exact same issue, and ultimately I had to send it in for a repair. It’s still out, and I’ve been updated explaining they needed to order a replacement part — so it seems to be a hardware issue. Good luck.
by ceciren1 on Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:31 pm
Yes, me too. Had to send it back. They seem to think it's corrupt firmware.
by nohohuce on Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:25 pm
Having same issue. Bought the 1824c last November, just plugged it in yesterday and I get a red power light. Tried switching cables, tried another computer, all the same. Windows 10 recognizes the device for a second, then disconnects it leaving a flashing blue and red usb light on the 1824c front panel. For one moment, it powered on blue. I thought it had magically fixed itself! After about 5 minutes, however, it disconnected. Did that twice, about 5 minutes each time. Now it powers on red again. However, the two brief times it DID work, all channels showed up both in the operating system Sound devices and in my DAW. Had me really hopeful ...

Anyone had any luck yet? Should I even submit a ticket? Thanks.
by vitalybeskaravayny on Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:49 pm
I have same problem too. Is someone solve this problem? Does someone know what need to be replaced inside: (some capacitor or microchip resoldered) ? Please if someone solved this problem tell us.
presonus_1.jpg

presonus_3.jpg
by brianmoya on Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:38 am
I wish they would get back to us about this issue its a expensive device to just be sitting there i bought the thing to make music haven't been able to do a thing in months
by andrewlebert on Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:16 am
Same issue here. Its been a minute since I plugged her in. Just got my studio set back up and cannot get this board to connect to my PC. Tried all the above troubleshooting methods mentioned above. No luck.

My power button is red as well as the usb connection icon between Mute and Mono.

Any updates on a fix or anything? This piece of equipment was expensive af. Didnt think I would get only a few months worth of time using it.
by josephharrison5 on Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:33 pm
So I purchased my 1824c in august, really got around to using it more on the last few months, I even used it separately from Studio One as a general audio device for gaming, etc. Just now, I was between a guitar track and about to do drums and it just won’t turn on, the power button remains red, and it won’t connect to my pc. So needless to say I’m livid, this thing is way more expensive and capable than the old presonus stereo audio box usb that lasted for like 6 or 7 years before that actual usb joint came unsoldered. Then I discover this is a common issue and many people are being studio blocked by Presonus cheap hardware with little to no info on what exactly needs to be fixed, some people have sent their interfaces in and gotten no info for months. It’s a disgrace and I truly don’t want to spend anymore money with them, despite recording 10+ albums on their software.
And I have put a bunch of money into other aspects of my studio counting on this gear to work but now o have gone through 3 essential items busting on me and my trust is fading away. Would someone from Presonus issue a recall so all of these people who bought faulty gear can feel like they don’t have to give up on you because you won’t help them. I get that that’s a manufacturer issue, I just hope I’m not getting screwed like every other guy in this forum. :thumbdown:
by guitarman62 on Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:28 pm
had the same problem with mine after 14 months Sweetwater was nice enough to offer to try and repair it but I would have to pay for shipping around 30 dollars they would cover parts if it was able to be repaired, all ready 500 plus dollars in it not willing to invest anymore into it.Good luck to all the other unlucky one with the same problem! Thanks for listening to my rant! Jerry T.
by gregbiddlecome on Sat May 21, 2022 1:42 pm
Walked into my studio today, Red light, Universal Control and S1 will not recognize device.
Solid red light. Same as others. Inputs flash once but no connection. Rather new device and yes somewhat pricey. Think I'm gonna have to move on from "pro-sumer" device to something better. Obviously Presonus hasn't posted any response to this. :thumbdown: :(
by gregbiddlecome on Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:23 pm
So here are interesting facts:
Was referred to 5 service centers after literally 10 days trying to figure this out.
Called all 5 service centers given to me by Presonus tech support today.

Call 1 - You don't want to send that to us. It will cost more to fix than it's worth
Call 2 - Rang and Rang. No answer
Call 3 - We no longer take Presonus products for repair.
Call 4 - Funny you should call! You are the 3rd person today that called about a Presonus repair! We don't service Presonus here.
Call 5 - Tech: I don't know why you don't just send it directly to Presonus? It will cost you an additional $80 and we just send it there anyway. Me: Hmmm.. they didn't give me that option. I was hoping I might get someone that might know what the problem is. Tech: Actually I've heard of issues with the power supply but couldn't say for sure. Me: But this unit has a brick......

Me 20 mins later...Hmmm.... power supply..(?!?!) Changed the power supply to a new brick. Bam! Problem solved.

Presonus online tech support: FAIL!!!!!! WHY THE HELL DIDN'T SOMEONE KNOW THIS????????????????????????????????????????

However - if you are experiencing this problem try a new power supply. 12V 3000ma. Just have to make sure your plug fits the unit. Hope this helps someone faster than tech support helped me! :evil: :( :x
by waltergradek on Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:03 pm
Same problem. No mac will turn the light blue nor will any cord. It does not appear any mac will detect it regardless of powering in different sequences . I just ordered a new interface. See if that fixes it.
by jimmymckay on Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:36 pm
Just made a ticket with presonus. I’m having the same issue, red power button and won’t connect to any computer. I have the unit turned on and I have been watching the main left and right led level indicators slowly light up one by one as if there is an update or installation taking place. 🤷‍♂️This has been going on for about 45 mins it’s probably just some kind of glitch but I’ll keep watching and post if it actually fixes it.
by jimmymckay on Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:40 pm
Oh and I also changed out the power supply brick three times still didn’t fix mine
by arenwinebrenner on Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:04 pm
I'm having the same issue!?!?! I just got this thing and I can't even try it out????

I suppose that's why the seller gave me a "good deal" on it....waste of money.....so frustrating....

C'mon @Presonus!!!! Get your act together!
by markholley on Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:25 pm
Well,

Sad to say, I too have joined the 1824c Red Light Club. Working through it with a support ticket, but not sure if there’s a way to repair.

I was disappointed to hear we can't pay for service for an item they still manufacture? I'm looking around to learn what did anyone else deal with theirs? I love my PreSonus gear, and want to keep using it.

Thanks,

Mark

Mac Mini, 32 gig Ram, OS X 14.0 - Sonoma, PreSonus 1824C, Digimax D8, S1 6.5.1, FaderPort 8
by andrejohnson on Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:22 pm
I too just joined this red light district club. It was working this morning and now nothing!
by johndinunno1 on Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:52 am
You guys got me nervous now .... I just got one a couple weeks ago .... has anyone figured out what the issue is .... Also was it with Mac users mainly ?
I'll be so pissed if mine starts acting up...
Some sorta design flaw possibly?..
:shock:

18 posts
Page 1 of 1