Discuss Studio 2|4, 2|6, 6|8, 18|10, and 18|24 USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
My recently purchased 1824c (NOV 2020) will turn on, but the power on light remains red. The input meters flash once and the 48v, line switches etc, remain dim.
I have tried different USB cable as well as plugging it in to my laptop (also usb c).
UC doesn't see it nor does Studio One.
There is very little in the way of troubleshooting on the net and nothing in the manual.
I'm using an iMac/Catalina
Anyone had a similar issue?

Cheers
by mattgossen on Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:56 pm
I was having this exact same issue, and ultimately I had to send it in for a repair. It’s still out, and I’ve been updated explaining they needed to order a replacement part — so it seems to be a hardware issue. Good luck.
by ceciren1 on Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:31 pm
Yes, me too. Had to send it back. They seem to think it's corrupt firmware.
by nohohuce on Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:25 pm
Having same issue. Bought the 1824c last November, just plugged it in yesterday and I get a red power light. Tried switching cables, tried another computer, all the same. Windows 10 recognizes the device for a second, then disconnects it leaving a flashing blue and red usb light on the 1824c front panel. For one moment, it powered on blue. I thought it had magically fixed itself! After about 5 minutes, however, it disconnected. Did that twice, about 5 minutes each time. Now it powers on red again. However, the two brief times it DID work, all channels showed up both in the operating system Sound devices and in my DAW. Had me really hopeful ...

Anyone had any luck yet? Should I even submit a ticket? Thanks.
by vitalybeskaravayny on Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:49 pm
I have same problem too. Is someone solve this problem? Does someone know what need to be replaced inside: (some capacitor or microchip resoldered) ? Please if someone solved this problem tell us.
presonus_1.jpg

presonus_3.jpg

5 posts
Page 1 of 1