Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey there. Getting a strange issue with my 18|10 (B version).

Line inputs going into 5/6 and 7/8 in are imbalanced by about 5dB on ch6 and 10dB on ch8.

Steps taken to investigate:

Fired up a simple sine wave oscillator in Drambo (iPad). Incoming meter in UC clearly shows disparity in signal.

The signal is balanced when going into 1/2 and 3/4 (with all gain knobs set to minimum).

Switching the L/R jacks around shows the problem remains on the same channel (6/8 respectively). Have tried multiple cables.

I have also replicated the issue with other input sources (Peak and Octatrack). I can't see anything in UC that would be causing this (unless there's a pad I don't know about or something). Does anybody have any ideas, especially as to whether it's a hardware or software fault (jiggling the cables does nothing btw!)? It's meaning I'm having to pan offset everything post record which is proving a bit annoying.

Thanks in advance. a.:
by andrewdobson1 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:41 am
still no joy on fixing this.

Have now tried multiple cables and input sources. There is a clear drop in level in inputs 6 and 8. I use these rear inputs for hardware and, in the absence of space for a mixer, it's a really key element. Right now I can't do anything. Does anyone have any thoughts at all on what might cause this?

a.:
by darrenporter1 on Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:15 am
This is an issue for tech support. Sounds like a defective unit to me.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors

3 posts
Page 1 of 1