Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello, I need some help before buying Presonus Studio 1810c interface. I've had a bad experience recently with the Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 3rd gen card, I had to return it to a reseller. I am not saying that it's a bad soundcard, but in my case it didn't work right. There were clicks, glitechs, dropouts and creaks during playback. I couldn't do anything to eliminate them. Moreover, it caused my computer to show the "death blue screen' and shutdown. Apparently, there was some conflict of this device with my hardware. Later I found out, that many people have identical problems, and this is because this card is very sensitive to hardware, it won't work right with ANY hardware, and it works properly with Intel processros. In my case I have AMD. And the manufacturer stresses the inportance of having the latest OS updates for this card to work properly. In my case I have Windows 7.

I'd actually wanted to buy something from Presonus in the first place, but that reseller dind't have the card I wanted at the monent, and offered the mentioned above Scarlett, as an alternative.

Now that I have returned it, I am considering bying Presonus Studio 1810c.

So, the question is, Is it as choosy to hardware as Focusrite? Will it work all right on AMD and Windows 7? (The cards I currently have now - RME Hammerfal and M-Audio Fast Track Pro - have no problems working with my computer)

Thank you very much for your advice.
by SwitchBack on Fri May 29, 2020 10:53 am
In general people are quite happy with their Focusrite interfaces. I don’t know if you asked for or had any help from them to fix the issues you had with the interface, but clicks and glitches more often than not point at one or more computer issues rather than interface issues.

So my worry is that in getting a PreSonus interface you may walk into the same issues you had with the Focusrite interface.

Having said that, by all means give it a try. Most stores offer a no questions asked return period, should you get the same problems then that would be a second finger pointing at your computer, and in any case you find a kind and helpful crowd here and in Baton Rouge to help you sort out any issues.

Other than that I can point you at the Computer and Operating System requirements for the 1810c. If you meet or exceed them then you’re good to go :)
by izpztddn on Fri May 29, 2020 11:16 am
Thanks! I think I will give it a try anyway. If it does not work properly, this will mean that the time for upgrading my computer has finally come, which I am not quite ready for, but... I will have to :)
by SwitchBack on Fri May 29, 2020 12:04 pm
Cool, let us know how that works out for you :thumbup:

4 posts
Page 1 of 1