Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

So I am a Studio One user and I am looking for a new audio interface. What I am currently trying to figure out is if the 1810c will function like the Focusrite Scarlett 18i8. I don't have either yet, stuck trying to use my Helix as an interface, but I have found that the Scarlett will do what I am looking for. On that interface I can use the routing software to send a mic input straight to the spdif Out to go to an effects rack or my helix, then back spdif In to then be recorded on the DAW. Basically a digital insert that I can headphone monitor off of if I want compression and eq in the cans. It can also send both the dry and wet signals to the DAW.

Can the 1810c do this? It is an amazing way to get low latency monitoring with effects in the headphones to give the vocals a bit more life when you are recording.

Thank you so much. I have been researching this and cannot find the answer anywhere if the presonus unit has this ability.

I honestly would prefer to go with Presonus but this is kind of a sticking point for me and the information on the UC Control routing is very sparse.
by darrenporter1 on Thu May 28, 2020 10:54 am
This is one of the reasons I replaced my 1810 with an Audient iD44... real hardware inserts on two of the preamps.

Don't get me wrong, the 1810c is a good interface, but the iD44 has more features, better converters, better preamps, better DI, hardware inserts... fewer total inputs stand-alone but two ADAT inputs and an ADAT output (missing on the 1810c.)

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by Walter Merrick on Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:47 pm
I believe you can use the ins and out on the back for send and return of effects but it's configured in universal control as to how to monitor . Think there is a you tube video online but I don't have the link. Go to YouTube and look for 1810c and it will pop up.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1