Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
My Fireface 800 died and so I bought the Presonus. Hooked everything up identical to before, minus the firewire cable. (SPDIF with external DAC to my monitors).

For whatever reason, no matter what DAW I use, if I play an external instrument hooked up to the interface (synth or whatever), I can hear the synth through my monitors, though no audio is coming into the DAW on any track. But if I close the DAW, the sound goes away... So somehow the interface is letting external signals through while a DAW is loaded, but not actually in the DAW... I don't get it. Anyone know what's going on?

Edit: Ok, so the DAW doesn't have to be open (I was just using my midi controller to play synths, that's why I thought this). So even without a daw open, if I play an external keyboard, I hear it through the speakers. I don't see any option to turn this off in the app.

DAW: Ableton Live 9/ Reason 10
by matthewgorman on Thu May 21, 2020 11:06 am
There is a setting in UC that allows the device to function as a standalone preamp. You are hearing the hardware monitoring. If you turn that function off it should cut off the sound.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by alexcrisan on Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:42 pm
I do not see any setting for a standalone preamp in UC. I am on a Mac.

I have also been getting weird audio problems like in Reason some of my beats will emit this EEEEEEEEEEEE sound constantly, even after stopping the beat. It only happens with Kong though, which is weird.
by yigitkahraman on Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:01 pm
I have the same exact problem with my 1824c. I plugged in everything right, made my audio settings on ableton preferences exactly how the owner's manual shows. I have sound on other apps but now in Ableton. I don't have any audio signal and when I try to listen samples or other things there isn't sound. I tried to use mixer bypass, didn't work. It is extremely annoying. Did you guys solve the problem?? Please help
I have Macbook Catalina version.
Ableton Live Lite

4 posts
Page 1 of 1