Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a Studio 2|6 interface that I am using with an iMac running High Sierra. It connects fine and I can record into both Studio One and a video programme called Camtasia. But, when I check the sound panel in System preferences, it states: 'The Selected Device has no input controls'. Basically, this makes the gain control on the 2|6 inactive for control of the input signal unless I use Studio One.

I need to record voice over audio directly into Camtasia. The lack of gain control makes the audio very loud and leads to editing problems.

If there a configuration step that I am missing for set this up to run on an iMac?
by nbirkett on Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:26 am
A follow-up. Turns out that Camtasia has a 'maximize gain on audio' control setting that it turned on by default. It is not shown on the initial video set-up screen nor on the preferences panels. You only find it by going into a screen that is meant to control the video aspects of the project (e.g. things like the background color and screen size). Odd place for an audio control. However, if I turn off that check box, the Studio 2|6 controls work properly.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1