Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
The Studio 1824c is powered on with a large chance that the Headphone output 2 has no sound,The problem is solved when the control panel opens and the skip console is closed,But this problem really affects the experience,I don't know whether it's a hardware problem or a driver problem,Do you have any friends with similar problems?
by matthewwinne on Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:56 pm
I have the same problem. I'm using my Studio 1824c with Garageband and cannot get any sound from headphone output 2.
by krisgeren on Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:27 am
If your DAW is outputting on channels 1&2 - then I don't believe you will hear that output on the Headphone 2 jack, which monitors outputs 3&4....at least that's what I get from this section of the manual. It's similar to how my Focusrite 6i6 works so that you can setup different monitor mixes using sends:

Headphone Level. Your Studio-series interface provides two high-power headphone outputs, each with its own level control. Studio 1824c users will find both the headphone outputs and level controls on the front panel. Studio 1810c users will find the level controls on the front panel and the outputs themselves on the rear. On both units, Headphone 1 shares a stereo playback stream with the main outputs and Headphone 2 shares its streams with outputs 3 and 4. For Studio 1810c users, Headphone 1 can be switched between the two sets of streams via the A/B button.
by kpbvbaea on Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:45 am
I may have run into the same issue this week where Headphone 2 output receives no output if the mixer is bypassed in Universal Control. I have outs 3+4 mirroring the main output when it isn't bypassed, which works fine when not running through a DAW.

When in a DAW (I'm in Studio One), and the mixer is bypassed, this output is still listening for outputs 3+4, but the main mix gets sent to 1+2.

I've resolved this by adding a Listen Bus to the main output, sending the Listen Bus to outputs 3+4, which passes the same mix to Headphone 2. I guess this also gives some flexibility on levels/sends etc - probably a good thing if you have a vocalist tracking for example.

Have seen some other videos showing how to do a similar thing with cue mixes, giving more control on what tracks go to this output, but found the above to be the quickest solution for me.

Hope that helps somebody who has a similar issue.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1