Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've just purchased a Studio 18/10 because the main volume knob on my Firestudio Project failed. Everything else on it works perfectly. My question is, is it possible to have my computer recognize both interfaces so I can use the Firestudio for the additional inputs and outputs?
by matthewgorman on Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:16 am
Yes and no. On windows, you could "attempt" to set both devices up using asio4all. I have never tried it, and asio4all is not a supported application, so you would be on your own as far as dependable functionality.

On a MAC, it is possible to set up using aggregate devices, but I don't know how stable that is.

Best bet to expand the inputs for the 1810 is to pick up an adat preamp (DP88 or similar). Does not have to be a presonus device.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Walter Merrick on Tue May 11, 2021 11:55 am
I just started using a Firestudio mobile as an aggregate device with a new 1810c. It's early days so far but I just wanted to use the inputs for line stuff on the fire studio to avoid more cabling . So far it's been stable for a bit but as I'm not tracking a ton of stuff at once I don't know if there will be repercussions. Gets me away from submixers . The clock source seems to reset automatically but no dropouts or anything. I use an iMac so I can't say anything about a PC based use.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1