Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

Hope someone can help me out, because it's driving me nuts....

I've connected a Philips DCC player using SPDIF. The input works fine and i can record in my DAW, but recording with the DCC isn't working. The link is there, but i'm not getting any signal.

I've tried all sorts of options in Universal Control, but nothing seems to do the trick.

Tried with a CD player with SPDIF and that just worked fine, so it's not the DCC player.

Is there a routing option i don't know about in UC? PC is Windows 10...

Thanks in advance for the help ;)

Kind regards,
Dennis de Haan
by dennisdehaan on Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:53 am
To clarify, i connected the cd player to the DCC :D
by SwitchBack on Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:16 pm
In section 4.2.2 of the owner's manual it shows you where in UC Surface you can set the S/PDIF output source.

DCC, that's kinda retro ;)
by dennisdehaan on Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:57 pm
Thanks, but i've figured that out already.

Seems i have found a solution tough… I quited all my audio programs. Switched to 48khz and then back to 44.1khz and voila i have i signal :shock:

Kinda strange and i hope the signal will be there when i've rebooted my machine....

And yeah… DCC is kinda oldschool but a great medium to capture (even more oldschool) cassette tapes :)

Thanks for the help!

Kind regards,
Dennis de Haan
by nakedhoof on Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:11 am
Thanks for your "solution", Dennis. I was having the same problem with a new 1810c interface. I even sent the first one back because I could not get it working through the S/PDIF output.

FYI. you have to do this stupid change every single time, which IMO is unacceptable. I am getting a new live show together, and all I need is to have to remember this every bloody time. FYI, I've created a problem ticket with PreSonus to fix this bug. Let's see how responsive they are with it.

Best regards,

William T Anderson
http://www.giantsofcolossus.com.
by miguelserrano5 on Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:03 pm
I made a problem ticket, still waiting. I think I will return it back.

www.districteight.co
by alexandermiller2 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:29 pm
dennisdehaan wroteThanks, but i've figured that out already.

Seems i have found a solution tough… I quited all my audio programs. Switched to 48khz and then back to 44.1khz and voila i have i signal :shock:

THIS is the only way I got my spdif out to work as well! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

maybe presonus could fix this?? i love everything else about the 1810c
by javiertorrentandres on Sun May 10, 2020 5:10 pm
having same kind of problems here. First I got a cheap analog to digital converter to get an extra audio in pair; worked perfect.

Now I added a digital to analog converter for an extra audio out pair an I have to get in universal control, change from 48 to 44 and back to 48, but sometimes have to do it several times until it works. Working at 48 with clock set to spdif, only way not to get clicks and pops.

I also had to turn down spdif fader in universal control mixer not to get really bad feedback, the kind that damages your gear and that is with the console bypass on.

I hope they fix this spdif situation, I do not think that kind of behaviour is normal
by SwitchBack on Mon May 11, 2020 6:59 am
That sounds like you have more than one clock master amongst your spdif devices, which will never work because clocks will never run exactly the same. It will continuously cause the devices to fall out of sync and, depending on the devices, they will try to recover e.g. by changing bitrates.

To make it work only one device can be master and the others have to be slaves. If that’s not possible then you cannot connect those devices successfully.
by javiertorrentandres on Tue May 12, 2020 3:37 am
Setting audio to 48khz and clock to SPDIF gives perfect audio with no glitches, it just does not work on start up. When I start the computer and open ableton it never works at first, problem is SPDIF out for sure as I never had a problem with the SPDIF in.

I have to close ableton and other audio apps, change frequency to 44, back to 48; clock to internal, back to SPDIF, dissable console bypass, mess a little bit with the mixer (SPDIF to master, 3/4, 5/6) etc..

Then I set everything back to 48Khz and clock to SPDIF, open Ableton again and SPDIF works..I do not know thew right combo as sometimes I have to try 2 or three times until it works.

10 posts
Page 1 of 1