Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

Would like some help on getting 2 sets of monitors working on the 1824c, the main output monitors work fine, however the second pair going into output 1/2 or 3/4 are extremely loud, i have the input gain barely turned and there 10 fold the volume of the main out.

what is the best way to get both sets of monitors at relative volumes, is it a UC routing issue?

Many thanks
by themaartian on Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:09 am
I have an 1810c. What might work is getting a Y-cable, with a stereo 1/4" plug for the leg and whatever plugs you need for the arms (probably 1/4" as well). Plug that into your 2nd headphone output and use the headphone #2 volume control the volume the same way you use your Mains volume control.

Note that I haven't tried this. The signal level from the headphone output is amped for headphones and I don't think it's line level, so this may not be a good idea. Maybe others can confirm or deny.

As you have discovered, the Line Outputs other than the Mains are full line level. Maybe there's a simple line level controller available that you could put between the Line Outs and your monitors.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, 7 TB SSD Win 11 Pro PreSonus Studio 1810c
Studio One 6 Pro MuseScoreMelodyne 5 Studio Acoustica Pro 7 Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 4 NI S61 MK3 Focal Shape 65 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro, DT 770 Pro
by shizloc on Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:11 pm
Ok I'm having the same issue... How did you solve it?
by erwintaylor1 on Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:45 pm
I just purchased the 1824C to replace my 68c. I am setting up the monitors now and I believe that I have to go through the UC to set it all up properly. In response to your query, it is my intent to use mains and put the monitors trough outputs 3/4. I have powered monitors, so I'll ne able to control the volume at the monitor volume knob itself. I 'm hoping that'll work based on what I'm reading.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1