Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
11 posts
Page 1 of 1
When I send a mono signal from my Mackie 1202 VLZ Pro to inputs 3 and 4 on my Studio 68 the level on input 4 is much higher than input 3.

The levels are set exactly the same on the front panel of my Studio 68.

I have swapped the input cables but it doesn't make any difference, input 4 is still much higher input and the meters clearly shows it.

To make the signals even I have to turn the input gain for Input 3 all the way up and have input 4 gain at 11:00 o'clock.

If I connect the same cables to the front 1 & 2 inputs it's the other way around and I have to turn the input gain for Input 2 all the way up and have input 1 gain at 11:00 o'clock.

Is there a way to calibrate this or am I missing something here ?
by torbjrnbergman on Sat May 28, 2022 3:47 am
No one ?

REALLY !!!
by matthewgorman on Tue May 31, 2022 9:15 am
Just coming out of a holiday weekend in the states. Without knowing what the input sources are, and how everything is connected, its hard to say.

There is no calibration needed on audio interfaces. The most likely culprit is that each channel you are trying to record outputs at a different level, and would need to be gain matched like you were doing. Its not abnormal to have to do that.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by torbjrnbergman on Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:55 am
matthewgorman wroteJust coming out of a holiday weekend in the states. Without knowing what the input sources are, and how everything is connected, its hard to say.

There is no calibration needed on audio interfaces. The most likely culprit is that each channel you are trying to record outputs at a different level, and would need to be gain matched like you were doing. Its not abnormal to have to do that.

As I stated previously:
I have swapped the input cables but it doesn't make any difference, input 4 is still much higher input and the meters clearly shows it.

Both signals going into my Studio 68 are exactly at the same level.

On the good side is that even if I have to max input 3 there are no added noise ?
Same thing goes for the front inputs 1 & 2 but on the front Input 1 equals input 4 and input 2 equals Input 3 level wise.

FYI: My Studio 68 has been like this since day 1.
by SwitchBack on Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:55 am
I suggest you open a service ticket for this one. You clearly feel that this is a hardware problem so let Customer Support help you put it through its paces. If they can’t resolve this for you ‘remotely’ then they’ll issue an RMA so you can send in the unit for a checkup and repairs if needed.
by matthewgorman on Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:24 am
without knowing if the source is instrument, line +4, Line +10, or mic, or something different, there isnt much more we can help with. Not all devices output the same levels.

Service ticket would be best

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by torbjrnbergman on Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:19 am
matthewgorman wrotewithout knowing if the source is instrument, line +4, Line +10, or mic, or something different, there isnt much more we can help with. Not all devices output the same levels.

Service ticket would be best

The source is line +10/120ohms coming from my Mackie's Alt Out jacks
by torbjrnbergman on Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:25 am
SwitchBack wroteI suggest you open a service ticket for this one. You clearly feel that this is a hardware problem so let Customer Support help you put it through its paces. If they can’t resolve this for you ‘remotely’ then they’ll issue an RMA so you can send in the unit for a checkup and repairs if needed.

Customer Support suggest service but since it works (sort of) it's probably not worth it !

I just thought there was something I could do myself like calibrate it since it is the same issue with the front inputs !

My Studio 68 has been like this since day one but then I hadn't any signal generator to test it !
by SwitchBack on Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:18 pm
Then it's either sending it in to have it tested/serviced or accepting it as it is. You could even use it as a feature ;)
by torbjrnbergman on Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:45 am
SwitchBack wroteThen it's either sending it in to have it tested/serviced or accepting it as it is. You could even use it as a feature ;)

I'll live with it but cant recommend Presonus products any longer !
by SwitchBack on Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:18 am
Catch-22 then :|

11 posts
Page 1 of 1