Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I was wondering if you guys could help me out on this.

The issue concerns the Studio 1824 in use with OBS streaming software.

I am figuring out how to stream using OBS and have 3 mics setup for this. However, in OBS I can only choose the inputs as pairs. So, mic1 and mic2 are linked together as "Mic/Inst/Line In 1/2" (see attached screenshot).

I can, of course, solve this by plugging the mics into input 1, 3 and 5 and set them to mono in OBS. But in the future I might want to use more mics.

Does anybody know how to change these inputs to single/mono inputs?

Thanks a lot!

Dennis

Attachments
attachment.png
by SwitchBack on Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:37 am
Hi and welcome to these forums :)

Looks like something you have to fix in OBS, if that’s possible. The interface has no preference as it’s just sending X channels for the software to do something with.

I had a quick look at the OBS manual but with all menu pictures in Russian that didn’t help me much :)
by dennisvanamstel on Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:19 am
Hi, thanks a lot for the swift reply.

I noticed that there are several places this occurs, not only in OBS. Windows for instance also interprets the inputs as pairs (see attached screenshot).

I will dive into OBS to find out if settings can be changed, as well as Windows settings for that matter. I am curious if anyone else has the same pairs of inputs and outputs in Windows or in OBS?

Attachments
attachment2.png
by dennisvanamstel on Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:11 am
UPDATE : If I open Windows Device Manager it says the same... Everything is in pairs... (see attached screenshot).

Attachments
attachment3.jpg
by SwitchBack on Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:35 am
Did you install Universal Control (PreSonus' controls & drivers app) and, also important, did you install it before you first time connected the interface to your computer? I don't have an 1824 but UC may give you the controls you need to pair or unpair channels. Look for the WDM settings as that's what you seem to be using.

As for installing UC before connecting the interface: Windows had this bad habit of imprinting its own default drivers on gear connected before the manufacturer's drivers were installed. And installing the correct drivers afterwards didn't always automatically correct that. Dunno how it is these days but you may have to dig into the Windows hardware settings to correct things.

Last remark: This could be a limitation of WDM (Windows Driver Model) too when working with high channel count audio interfaces. I haven't worked with Windows computers for years so I can't confirm. The ASIO drivers that come with PreSonus' interfaces may give better options. That way you avoid WDM altogether.
by dennisvanamstel on Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:04 am
Yes, I have UC installed properly before connecting the hardware. UC unfortunately has limited options compared to other - more expensive - interfaces. After some more searching on different forums I can now safely say that this interface has it's limitations which explains why inputs and outputs are paired in software that uses WDM instead of ASIO (like MS Teams and OBS).

Thanks @SwitchBack for helping me out on this. I think it now comes to accepting that this is it (or buying a new, more state of the art interface :) ).
by SwitchBack on Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:13 am
Just to make sure: In UC have you clicked on the image of the interface? That opens the interface’s mixer control panel. In there you can link inputs in stereo pairs (p.16 of the manual). Check that they are not, to see if it makes a difference.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1