4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi guys

I'm using the studio channel predominantly as the analogue front end of my recording chain for vocals. I was recording a singer with a really powerful voice yesterday and accordingly set main input level fairly low so as not to completely pin the meter. The compressor section is set very gently, just to attenuate any real hard blasts. The weird thing is I have to have the makeup gain from the compressor stage and the main level output almost dimed in order to hit -20db within Pro Tools. Whilst the sound is OK (after i've instantiated a compressor plugin within 'Tools to make the single properly audible), it doesn't seem right that the output of the unit is so weak. With this particular singer I would like to be able to use the -20db pad, but because of the low output this just isn't an option. I've checked all cabling and can't find a problem. Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks in advance

T
by frank.crow on Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:19 am
I just got mine and had a similar issue and immediately went into panic mode. Actually the signal was so weak that I thought the unit was defective. I changed out all of the cables but still nothing was coming out of my monitors.

I tried
1) running my bass through the SC's 1/4" instrument input.
2) Putting a mic on my cabinet and running that in the XLR mic in.

In the end I got signal but likewise had to drive it pretty darn hard.

My understanding was that I wouldn't need to use the interface volume anymore but rather the SC exclusively. Not true.

Hopefully when I have more time to tinker with it I'll figure it out.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by rockgod212 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:22 pm
whatever happened or what was the cause, as I have a similar issue going on, but I get really low to no sound.
by frank.crow on Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:53 am
It appears as though the work load was too much for my interface. I upgraded and the problem seems to be under control now. I'm pretty excited to see what th SC can do now.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)