5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey guys

Last night while recording my studio channel started to give off serious static. I bypassed the strip and sent the mic direct to my studiolive 16.4.2 and concluded my session. After my client left I changed the line cable and sent the signal back to the strip and then to the studiolive. Same issue occurred. I have only had this channel strip for a few weeks. Is it possible that it is defective? Does anyone has any idea what's going on? I'm using studio one V3 as my DAW.

Regards
Allan
by georgeabihider on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:28 pm
We got our PreSonus Channel Strip on Thursday Aug. 25th. On Friday Aug. 26th. we put it in the rack along with the 4 Eurikas that we own. After a few minutes we had the Channel Strip sounding very close to the Eurikas.

On Monday Aug. 29th we had a studio record and all of a sudden the Channel strip is creating static. Anytime any sound went into the mic it would create a static echo. If there was complete quiet in the studio it was fine. But tap the mic or speak into it you got a horrible static sound.

This makes this unit unusable. Please help. We don't want to send this back for a refund and find another mic. preamp.

George
by georgeabihider on Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:46 pm
The Studio Channel was returned to PreSonus for repair. When we got it back it still has a lot of static. I have tried to contact tech support but getting no reply. Anyone else having problems with static?

Attached is an mp3 file of the static from the Studio Channel.

BTW we also have 4 Eurekas and they are Fantastic!

Attachments
Studio Channel Static post repair.mp3
(252.72 KiB) Downloaded 908 times
by corbanboutot on Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:25 pm
I've also had static issues in the 8k+ range. I'm trying to work with presonus on it now. I replaced my gear and the new piece has the same issue
by corbanboutot on Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:26 pm
I've also had static issues in the 8k+ range. I'm trying to work with presonus on it now. I replaced my gear and the new piece has the same issue

5 posts
Page 1 of 1