4 posts
Page 1 of 1
So I'm seriously considering buying a studio channel for my home-studio. What I want to know and I cannot seem to find the answer for this anywhere for some reason is how do I go about connecting multiple mics to the studio channel ? It only has one input that i'm aware of and I use a 44vsl which of course has 4 inputs so I want to use the Studio Channel on several of my mics at once. Is this possible ? Do i need to buy a seperate Studio Channel for each and every mic ? There has to be a way. What piece of hardware do i need to do this ?
by SwitchBack on Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:23 am
I think you've discovered the difference between software plug-ins and hardware plug-ins. What you want to do requires 3 additional pieces of hardware I'm afraid...
by chrisjohnson33 on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:29 pm
yeah after doing some research i've come to that discovery. oh well i'll just use it to record one mic at a time. i did purchase a tube pre on ebay for 29$ so i'll use that on any other mics i want a tube sound on at the same time. thanks for your reply
by matthewgorman on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:41 pm
Nothing says you cant use pipeline, and one at a time run tracks out through the studio chanel and rerecord it. Its basically a dry recording, same as the original performance. People do it all the time with things like guitars and basses (reamping), where you take a di signal, and run it back out through an amp and record the amp signal.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

4 posts
Page 1 of 1