4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, haha...

SLIII 24 (the one they don't make anymore). I have a couple of condenser mics on Ch. 7 and Ch.8, so phantom power is turned on those channels and gain is set.

For channels 31/32, the source for those is USB. Audio coming from MacBook. No problem, everything works fine.

However, I've noticed that when I turn on phantom power for 7/8, it also comes on for 31/32....even though they aren't related at all. No idea why. It also shows that the Preamp for 31/32 is the same as whatever I set for 7/8.

Again, they aren't related at all. They aren't in a subgroup together, no aux mixes, submixes, matrix mixes....nothing (not that any of that should matter).

The only thing they have in common is that 7/8 obviously show up on faders 7/8 and when I page over to see 31/32, they also appear on faders 7/8 (so they use the same physical location). But even if I have 31/32 on the User layer on DIFFERENT faders than 7/8, they're still linked somehow.
by craigbarfield on Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:11 am
After a little more testing....just realized that every fader on page 2 reflects whatever the input settings are for the channel that is on the same fader on page 1. So 1 & 25 mirror each other, 2 & 26....and so on. Phantom power and input gain (preamp) match. Doesn't make sense.

Obviously since my channels 25+ are virtual USB, this doesn't really affect me, but it's just weird when you see phantom power on a USB channel.

Maybe it wouldn't do this if I had all inputs connected to a stagebox or something, but I don't have one to try.
by wahlerstudios on Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:38 am
The SL 24 has 24 mic/line inputs, which means that there are 24 preamps available. Therefore channels 25-32 will 'automatically' use inputs 1-8 as preamps IF input source is set to Analog. By default, channels 25-32 are set to Network as input source.

These mixers have a similar 'mismatch' of input channels and preamps:
SL24, SL16, 32SC, 24R, 16R
by craigbarfield on Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:04 pm
Gotcha. So what I’m seeing is normal? No problem if yes, just looks strange at first. But what you’re saying totally makes sense.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1