5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I have connect my Studiolive III 32R to my Windows 11 PC via USB.
I updated The Firmware and installed UC 4.0 (latest Versions).

Now i want to create a User Layer.
(Release Notes 4.0 says: "User Layer for Remote UC Clients now available in UC Surface for Series III Mixers")

But i can't find any Option to create the User Layer.
Can anybody help?

Thanks from Germany
Juergen
by SwitchBack on Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:01 am
In UC click on User Layer
user layer.png

If you didn't create a User Layer before then UC will take you straight to Edit Layer - Add/Remove Channels
edit layer.png
On the left you see all channels and master faders greyed out. Highlight the ones you want in your User Layer (by clicking on them). Confirm your choices by clicking on the Add/Remove Channels button. Then Reorder the faders if you want to and leave the edit mode by clicking on Edit Layer.

Hope it helps :)
by inky11 on Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:24 am
After the second reboot of both Systems, i have found it in the Menue.

Thanks
by terencewong3 on Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:55 pm
Thought I'd follow up here... perhaps it warrants a separate thread? Anyhoo...

Love this feature, way overdue. It would also be super useful on QMix-UC, perhaps it's already there and I haven't noticed... but I digress.

I primarily use UC on an iPad, and I've noticed that sometimes when I switch between apps and come back to UC, the User Layer has changed the selected channels in view - mostly added, sometimes removed. Also the channel order has changed.

I can also run UC on OSX but haven't done so for months, so am unsure if the problem exists in that environment.

Anyone else notice this?
by wahlerstudios on Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:46 am
There are updates available since yesterday for UC Surface and QMix-UC and it's said that a problem of QMix-UC was solved, but I don't think that using UC Surface and QMix-UC on a tablet is a good idea. The User Layer of UC Surface is 'local', which means that it is temporarily stored on the tablet you are using. QMix-UC does the same, so two local sets of information have a conflict. It might be that *not* using the User Layer of UC Surface can solve this 'problem'.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1