3 posts
Page 1 of 1
My setup is 32SC and 24R as stagebox, AVB-D 16 and a MacBook Pro (still running Monterey) networked using AVB.

This is working great, all entities showing up in the connection matrix and can be routed as desired.

I am trying to add a Mac Studio running Ventura to this setup. The Mac Studio can see all the devices on the AVB network, but its own entity will show up under it separate grandmaster (Apple, Inc.) while the other entities are listed under Presonus Corporation grandmaster).

How do I move the Studio from the Apple to the Presonus grandmaster to make it part of the complete AVB network. I have not managed to find any answer to this, seems that there is very little information about AVB config / troublehooting available.

Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 11.32.42.png
by wahlerstudios on Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:47 am
AVDECC is no PreSonus product, so there is no support or help, except two articles in Knowledge Base and one or two (now old) videos, which means that you will have to find 'your' answers and solutions. This also explains why users do not really share their knowledge and experience publicly. You will not really find AVDECC/HIVE users here in the Forums, but in the Facebook groups, but even there questions do not really get an answer. I'm just following what is said about AVDECC and HIVE, because I can't work with it (my Mac is too old and I am using PC's instead), so the only thing I can say is that I have never heard about the option to add two Macs to an AVB network. I think this is limited to one computer.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/c ... Networking
by SwitchBack on Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:08 am
Try to get in touch with Ray Tantzen at PreSonus/Fender. He loves everything AVB and he's probably the best resource at PreSonus to find a solution. Don't forget to report back ;)

3 posts
Page 1 of 1