6 posts
Page 1 of 1
This seems like a really stupid question but I've looked everywhere - is UC Surface no longer available for laptops? I've just got a 32R, downloaded Uni Control thinking this would include Surface, but no. The UC sees the 32R. Capture sees the 32R but I have no way to control the mixer on my laptop.

Help, I'm starting to go mad here. :D
by SwitchBack on Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:30 am
Hi and welcome to this forum :)

UC contains the app for controlling the mixer. All it needs is a USB or LAN (Ethernet or WiFi) connection to work. Make sure you install the latest version from the 32R download page and check if the mixer's firmware needs an update.

Then start UC, connect the mixer, and click on the image of the mixer.

If you still have problems then this thread may be helpful too.
by dave137 on Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:39 am
Hi to you, too. :D

I've done all that but no UC Surface. There's a banner on the UC window that has the USB symbol, then StudioLive 32R. When I click the mixer image, a 'loading' spinning graphic appears on the far right of that banner but nothing else happens.

The mixer firmware is up to date (as UC has no problems checking this) and I can get a signal in Capture when I connect a mic. But no UC Surface. The UC app was downloaded from the 32R page today.

Checked firewall settings, too, just in case. The control light on the front, however, stays red even though US can check the firmware and Capture works.
by SwitchBack on Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:48 am
That's similar to what was described in the thread I linked to. That turned out to be an incomplete install and older firmware on the mixer, even though UC reported it to be fine. Have you tried an 'update anyway'?
by dave137 on Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 am
SwitchBack, you absolute star!

It was exactly the same issue with exactly the same fix. Many, many thanks!
by SwitchBack on Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:25 am
:+1 Enjoy mixing :)

6 posts
Page 1 of 1