5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I want to send the audio of a software instrument in Logic Pro (Arturia Pigments) to an external pedal (Microcosm) with my StudioLive 16R.

I did see this article https://my.presonus.com/support/article ... 0005989532 but it doesn't apply to my scenario since the audio doesn't come from an external instrument.

Thanks

JF
by wahlerstudios on Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:10 pm
The link doesn't lead to an article, but I suppose you can find the article in Knowledge Base, so please add a new link here.

You can send any signal to individual outputs, let's say channel 1 -> aux 1, for external processing and return the processed signal back to a free input channel.
by jean-francoisgosselin on Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:50 pm
wahlerstudios wroteThe link doesn't lead to an article, but I suppose you can find the article in Knowledge Base, so please add a new link here.

You can send any signal to individual outputs, let's say channel 1 -> aux 1, for external processing and return the processed signal back to a free input channel.

Here's the link https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... unt-Mixers.

The article is for routing a channel for external processing. I want to route a software instrument (in Logic) for external processing and back into my StudioLive 16R.
by wahlerstudios on Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:32 pm
"External processing" means external audio processing, so the input of "channel 1" should be your software instrument via USB input send 1 (you need to select USB as input source of channel 1). Then everything else can follow the description of the Knowledge base article.
by jean-francoisgosselin on Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:27 pm
wahlerstudios wrote"External processing" means external audio processing, so the input of "channel 1" should be your software instrument via USB input send 1 (you need to select USB as input source of channel 1). Then everything else can follow the description of the Knowledge base article.

Thanks !! That's what I missed, it works now.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1