5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I wanted to open a new thread about the problem I have, with a proper title in order to attract attention from people that may have had the same issue with an SLIII mixer.
In short, after some going back and forth, I determined that my auxes 3,4,5&6 do not send any sounds out. The 1 and 2 auxes, on the other hand together with 7,8,9&10 Trs auxes, are working fine.

I took it to the store that I bought it from and today they were able to open it and determine, to their best ability, that they could not figure out what was going on. After that, they contacted a guy from another state here that uses a lot of presonus stuff (and probably owns a audio store as well) only to get a response from him that this was the 1st time he heard of such issues. To my understanding the next stop is presonus company itself, so while I wait for that, has any of you had similar issues?
Thanks
by Trucky on Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:02 pm
Here's what I would do with that type of issue...

First backup your projects and scenes then do a Factory reset.
Before restoring any of your backups test to see if the reset corrected the issue.
Report back your results.

phpBB [video]

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by damirvukelic1 on Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:38 pm
I already did that. No change.
I took the mixer to the store I bought it from, they are authorized seller (or whatever that is called) for presonus. The mixer was opened and checked. They could not do anything on the spot so they contacted a higher representative (probably a distributor)....and so on. To my knowledge, in the end, they requested a replacement for one of the boards inside the mixer. So, basically, we are waiting for that now.
by wahlerstudios on Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:59 am
There is an interesting discussion going on in one of the Facebook groups about "a small rework" that needs to be done on the Series III rack mixers, purchased/manufactured in 2022. The rack mixers need to be sent back to the shops where they were purchased from. There is no official recall campaign, but it's now known that the in 2022 produced rack mixers "have a problem". It seems that also the consoles are affected, but there is not enough information available yet. The problems are:

* the mixer isn't producing audio through the main or aux outputs or showing any response to activity on the XLR inputs according to UC-Surface (no audio, no meters)

* aux mixes switch outputs by themselves, especially mixes 3, 4, 5 and 6

* random distortion issues
by damirvukelic1 on Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:07 pm
Update: I am gonna post this in the other thread, but here's what happened: The people from the store found out that there was a trim in the powersupply and mine was set to 11.6V.
Now, they set the trim today to 12V (I think), but this was to attempt to solve the issue of mixer not powering up at times. They were given this instruction from presonus.
Now, we will have to wait to see after a couple of power on/offs if this helped.
But on the other hand, after they changed the voltage trim, I tried auxes 3-6 to see if that might've helped. And when I connected aux 3 it worked.
HOWEVER,
the moment I connected aux 4, they all (3-6) went dead again.
Strange.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1