6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I got my kick in mic going into my mixer at channel 1 (input 1) and my kick out into input 16.
They both are in a sub group on the flexmix 1.
Now, if I wanted to run them through an outboard device, such as a compressor, would it work if I unchecked "main" on that subgroup, ran a cable out of the mix1 into the compressor and then from the compressor's output into one of the free line inputs in the mixer?
This line input would in the end become a part of the drum bus (subgroup) that goes out to main...
by wahlerstudios on Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:10 pm
I would say it will work. You will have to uncheck Main on the subgroup and also on the two input channels (kick in, kick out).

Attachments
sub1.JPG
by damirvukelic1 on Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:45 pm
Great thanks.
If I ran a stereo pair, let's say a stereo bus compressor, would it work, in terms of recording, with S1 being the final destination, to send like overheads into the outboard compressor and return them into aux inputs 1&2?
Those are 33&34 in usb routing, right? Obviously the main would be unchecked from the two overheads channels (in my case channels 7&8).
I am asking this because I never tried to record aux inputs 1 and 2 into studio one.
by wahlerstudios on Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:49 pm
Aux In 1 = USB output 33+34
Aux In 2 = USB output 35+36
Tape In = USB output 37+38

Yes, you can record Aux In 1 via USB sends 33+34, which you can easily add in your Studio One song/interface template (must be a stereo track!).
by wahlerstudios on Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:19 pm
Actually, it's not necessary to add a stereo track. You can also use mono tracks for the stereo input channel - if that makes sense. The Studio One screenshot shows the USB routing of the StudioLive 32 Session template. Just the two tracks (33+34) needed to be added and moved to their position. New tracks are always added as last in the list.

Attachments
tracks33_34.JPG
by damirvukelic1 on Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:53 am
Awesome thanks.
I am close to being short on inputs so I figured that using aux ins for fx returns would be a life-saver here.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1