3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Saw a couple of posts on here from 2020 regarding Presonus SLIII and NDI. Answer: no, NDI is not supported the Control or Audio Network.

Any updates on this that anyone knows about?

DT

StudioLive 32SC
by wahlerstudios on Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:46 am
(Just to make sure, you're talking about this www.ndi.tv and NDI Audio Direct especially?)

Obviously, the mixers haven't changed technically during the last three years. The "Control" network is still dedicated to the remote or direct control of PreSonus devices and "Audio Network" still means AVB II and USB 2 is also still working. The Control/AVB/USB concept is the 'heart' of the Series III concept, so why should this be changed?

Some features have been added (Interface Mode, Compatibility Mode, Metro, UC Surface User Layer) and there is the AVB-Dante bridge available now, but the technical configuration of AVB/USB/SD has not seen any changes and there is nothing to be expected in the future. The Series III mixers are "fixed" (the technical architecture is final and there is no DSP processing available for additional features).

NDI Audio Direct seems to be some kind of competition and alternative to an AVB based network or USB, so I think that the "Milan certification" for PreSonus AVB will have more relevance and open doors to the video world. For now, the Dante bridge might be a solution..
by truanj on Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:35 pm
You know more about it than I. NDI has seen a lot of traction in streaming use cases because it's super simple to connect.

As a newb, I've looked at one of the USB send and it's so much more than I need or can sort out at the moment I was hoping there was a simpler way.

StudioLive 32SC

3 posts
Page 1 of 1