4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi Community, I'm using a 32SX and it works great for me and my band. Unfortunately I'm having problems with DAW mode I can't get rid of.
I connect the laptop with a USB and a Network cable to the 32SX, push UCNET and can find the Laptop with StudioOne in the menu. I switch to DAW mode and use Channel 1 for example for Vocals. I can record the track but when I try to listen to it there's no sound - unless I leave the DAW mode and switch from Analog to USB in the Fat Channel section. I'm sure that there is another easier way to record and playback tracks. Sorry if I'm missing something, but I read the manual, watched YouTube tutorials...I can't find a solution. I've used a Soundcraft UI24R before-> pushing Record recorded every track, pushing Play played back. As simple was that... :oops:
Thanks in advance for your help, Niki
by Trucky on Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:25 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

Please post screenshots of your I/O setup in Studio One for your 32SX.

It sounds like you're using a 1:1 (Ch 1 "in" to Ch 1 "Out", Ch 2 "In" to Ch2 "Out", etc.) setup or template which works great for tracking. For DAW mode here's what I use and recommend to my clients. You can setup all your inputs are needed but all playback is routing back to the default "Tape In" stereo channels via Ch 37 & 38 (USB 37/38):

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by wahlerstudios on Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:29 pm
DAW Mode is not really meant for recording and it's not needed for recording. Leave it away as long as you are recording tracks and change channel input sources as needed. You can also press and hold the general USB or Analog button and wipe across the Select buttons of the channels to change input source.
by nikolausabbrederis on Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:53 am
Thanks to both of you for the quick responses - @Trucky: Sorry, I must have overseen that in the FAQ, I'l give it a try; @Wahlerstudios: Ok, I'll take a closer look on Capture, maybe this is more what I'm thinking of.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1