9 posts
Page 1 of 1
A new firmware version and a new UC Control/Surface version was released today. Check the download page of your mixer.

Firmware v2.6.0.90872
Universal Control v4.0.0.90879
by babulmukherjee on Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:20 pm
Ooooooooo!

New UC UI?!?

Looking forward to see if USB issues on Mac are resolved :pray:

Apple Mac Studio Max 64gb RAM, Ventura, RME UFX III, Studio One 6, Genelec 8330A w/7350A, Sennheiser HD 650
by wahlerstudios on Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:31 pm
New Universal Control User Interface, but no new UC Surface user Interface... At least we have got new icons, if we need them or not.
by PAE Seth on Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:54 am
Compatibility Mode reduces the USB I/O size (34x34). This should help the Mac issues and PC distortion (Intel Chipset compatibility).

It has to be turned on and your mixer must be rebooted. The mixer has a new PID, which means it shows up as a new device after switching, in all OS's.

Unfortunately, Interface Mode isn't possible without the extra I/O, so that is disabled when using the reduced channel count.

PC #1: Asus Prime Z690-P, i5-12600k 10-core (6+4), 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz, RTX 3060 12GB, ADATA XPG 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Black HDD

PC #2: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i7-7820X 8c/16t, 16GB 2666 MHz DDR4, GTX 1060 3GB, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (Win10 Pro), Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD (Win11 Pro), OWC Aura 512GB NVMe M.2, 2 x 1TB HDD

Mac: 2010 Mac Pro 6 core 3.33 GHz, 32GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD RX 5500 XT 8GB, Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card, Aquantia 10Gbps AVB card, Dual eSATA PCIe + Stardom 8xHDD Raid Tower
by wahlerstudios on Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:07 am
I updated SL 16 and 32R without any problems, also UC Control/Surface on a laptop and an iPad and will continue with the other "stuff". So far, everything works, but testing always takes a long time. I like the new User Layer in UC Surface and that it's now possible to change the order of channels. This will make mixing via tablets a lot easier and more effective. I have no idea if I ever will use the new "Metro" feature, but I like the concept of a "mix conference". It will be interesting to follow the development.

The new layout of UC Control looks promising. A new layout for UC Surface should follow soon. The new devices already use a new design, which looks promising. 😊
by playtimer on Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:46 am
I just saw this new Universal Control v4.0.0.90879 update in my account.

Was wondering is there something new/important in this update for Faderport 8/16 controllers?
Should I install it considering I have Faderport 8?

There are no mentions of changes or improvements for my device in the release notes.

Thanks & cheers!

Studio One 6 Professional | Cubase 12 Pro | Reaper 6 | UA Apollo X | UAD Quad PCie x2 | Adam A5x | Adam Sub7 | IK Multimedia iLoud Micro | Faderport 8 | Nektar Panorama P6 | Nektar Aura | Focusrite ISA One | ART Pro VLA II | Neumann | Rode | Sphere L22 mics
by golishevsky on Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:19 pm
:+1 :+1 :+1 :+1 Worked out very well!!!! finally, after so many years, it turned out to get a user layout. However, a couple of convenient things are still missing. In the user layout, you can add a general send mix, but you cannot add a send of a specific channel separately. That is, I would like to take the send of an instrument in a certain fx for example and place it in a user layout next to this instrument. For example, I have a microphone channel. I would like to place the send of the same channel next to it separately, for example, in fx1 and separately of the same channel in fx2 without affecting the sends of the other channels, but I managed to set only the entire send to the user layout. this is necessary so as not to run to the send mode and not to move the desired specific fader there, but to do it directly in the user layout by adding the desired fader from the desired mode right there. it really speeds up the work in big scenes when you have a lot of musicians and instruments and a lot of sends that you don't need to touch but only need to control one or two channels.

I would also really like to assign a color to the fx return - there is still no way to assign a color. It is very convenient to navigate by colors, especially when you work on a small screen at high resolution when all channels fit into the whole screen.

that's where the problem comes from. On a large screen resolution, the equalizer, compressor, gate are very small. It's not convenient to use them. You have to aim accurately, it takes too much time. It may be worth adding the ability to change the size of the blocks in the program, for example, to shorten the channel faders and place the gate compressor equalizer limiter blocks not 4 in a row, but for example 2 in a row in 2 columns, thereby increasing their size.

:arrow: there is still a problem on mac . the update rate of the level meters is not saved. There are 3 modes, and each time it seems to be right as I need - slowly, but it doesn’t work like that. You have to manually first press quickly and then press slowly again, and only from that moment it becomes slow.
But this problem is not in the new firmware. She has been for a long time. As soon as the function of changing the update time of the signal level indicators appeared.

Now I sometimes use 2 laptops with 2 UC apps running. Or I do it on one laptop using 2 monitors. I just run 2 identical applications at the same time. You can use one monitor only in fader mode and the second monitor only in channel strip mode. Everything works well except for one very significant drawback. Having selected a channel in one application, it is not automatically selected in the second. If there was synchronization, it would be very convenient to work from two screens - on one screen, hold the faders on the second, highlighting the channel immediately shows its channel strip automatically.

These are all my personal observations. And there are many of them, since I probably worked out 1000+ events in various places on studiolive in several years, since the console is operated by me personally - almost every day it moves from stage to stage, from club to club or concert hall. It is small and very comfortable. A great job has been done. Hope this develops further.

Studiolive 24R / Mac Book Pro 15 2014 / Mac Book Pro 16 2021 M1pro / PC 2X XEON2680V3 X99-F8D 128gb DDR4 ECC REG
by wahlerstudios on Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:47 pm
There is the "Sync Select" function for each running UC Surface device, but it needs two or more CPUs. The number of screens connected to one laptop does not count. The photo from a rack mixer user in a Facebook group shows a nice combination of two touchscreens (laptop and screen part of an convertible).

Attachments
16R_Control.jpg
by golishevsky on Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:17 pm
wahlerstudios wroteThere is the "Sync Select" function for each running UC Surface device, but it needs two or more CPUs. The number of screens connected to one laptop does not count. The photo from a rack mixer user in a Facebook group shows a nice combination of two touchscreens (laptop and screen part of an convertible).

i will try to test it today :D

Studiolive 24R / Mac Book Pro 15 2014 / Mac Book Pro 16 2021 M1pro / PC 2X XEON2680V3 X99-F8D 128gb DDR4 ECC REG

9 posts
Page 1 of 1