3 posts
Page 1 of 1
We use a rack mixer 24r to record. We have all the fat channels set. To play back through studio one I currently have to set all the inputs to usb so that studio one (on play back) routes it back to the mixer to apply effects. My question is how then do we get all the applied effects to the main/master out in studio one? When I set it to the aux stereo mix (aux7/8 aka usb 47/48) it still doesn’t show that there’s sound coming through and consequently I cannot mixdown our recordings. What needs to happen in order for the tracks to route through the mixer to get the fat channel but also continue to the main buss inside studio one so I can mix it out?
by SwitchBack on Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:45 am
That sounds rather complicated. Before diving in to see if it is at all possible have a look at this video. It may give you a better idea on how to have your cake and eat it too :)
by wahlerstudios on Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:02 am
Do I understand it right that Studio One is used just for recording and playing tracks back to the mixer? You want to do the mix via the mixer and record the mix as stereo track? There are two options. Some song/interface templates of Studio One have a stereo track, which is meant to record Main L/R of a mixer. You might want to check the "StudioLive 32 Session" template. The other option is to use Capture for playing tracks (you can import WAV files) and recording Main L/R as stereo track 33+34. Capture is also a very nice "tape recorder"... 😊

3 posts
Page 1 of 1