6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Newbie...

I created a TEMPLATE in STUDIO ONE 5.

I created 25 TRACKS. However only 2 tracks have the FAT CHANNEL located 'above' the insert of the track.

I believe that I have to do something on my STUDIOLIVE 64S III to add the fat channels on the other tracks, correct?

If yes, what do I need to do?

Thanks
20221001_192652.jpg
by wahlerstudios on Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:31 am
To each of your tracks belongs an USB input and an output routing and the missing Fat Channels simply indicate this non-existing routing. You don't need to do the routing. Let Studio One do the work for you. Create a song with an "Interface Template". The "StudioLive 64x64 Session" template is the template for your mixer, but it can make sense to check the "StudioLive 32 Session" template with the USB input and output routing of the 32-channel mixers. If you don't use all 64 inputs and tracks, the template mirroring the real input connections is easier to use than the free routing of the 64S. And if the template has too many channels/tracks, delete the ones you don't need. And, you can (and should) create your own song/interface template based on the templates of Studio One.

Attachments
NewSong Interfaces.jpg
by wahlerstudios on Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:34 am
You can find a chart in the manual showing the USB routing of the mixer models. The 64S has no dedicated output routing.

Attachments
USB-Output-Sends.jpg
by timchisholm1 on Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:40 pm
I'm still very confused.

When I created my template why did only 2 random channels have the FAT CHANNEL listed 'above' the insert. The channels were PERC 3 & LEAD GUITAR. I did nothing different while setting up these channels in my template.

Do I need the FAT CHANNEL above the insert like these 2 channels for a reason?

Should ALL of my channels have a FAT CHANNEL 'above' the insert. If so, how do I get them there.

Sorry, super confused.

Thank you

wahlerstudios wroteYou can find a chart in the manual showing the USB routing of the mixer models. The 64S has no dedicated output routing.
by wahlerstudios on Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:41 pm
Here is a screenshot showing two "channels" (tracks), one without and one with Fat Channel. I created a new "empty" song, which means a song without tracks and without routing for tracks. Nevertheless, an empty song does have basic USB input and output routing, which is shown in the Song Setup. I just added two tracks (mono) and routed channel 2 to "Input 2". The white dot indicates the USB routing in use ("Used"), which makes the Fat Channel of the StudioLive mixer appear in Studio One. The Audio I/O button and the Options button give you access to the menus.

I can only recommend to use the song templates with their I/O routing. You can delete the tracks or routing you don't need.

Attachments
SongSetup.jpg
by matthewgorman on Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:08 am
timchisholm1 wroteNewbie...

I created a TEMPLATE in STUDIO ONE 5.

I created 25 TRACKS. However only 2 tracks have the FAT CHANNEL located 'above' the insert of the track.

I believe that I have to do something on my STUDIOLIVE 64S III to add the fat channels on the other tracks, correct?

If yes, what do I need to do?

Thanks
20221001_192652.jpg

You need to have an input selected to see the fat channel as you want. Looking at your pic, only 2 channels have an input selected, all others show "none". For clarity, I am looking at the black routing boxes above the faders. Click each to change routing for that particular channel

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

6 posts
Page 1 of 1