5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Presonus 24R mixer

I've been going thru everything I can find to figure out how to get AUX12 to work like the old MONO output of my old RM16's (I owned 2 of them) :reading:

I open up the Fat Channel settings of AUX12, set it to POST, adjust AUX12 Fader to unity, set MAIN Fader to Unity, then slowly bring up the fader on my Bass Guitar channel.

NO AUDIO coming from AUX12 at all. :thumbdown: I can change AUX12 to Pre1 or Pre2 and I get Audio, but it isn't working in conjunction with the MAIN fader.

Am I missing something???
by SwitchBack on Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:52 am
When the Aux is set to Post then for each channel you have to bring up the channel’s fader in the aux mix and in the main mix (signal goes from main mix channel fader to aux mix channel fader to aux mix master fader).

Probably easier to set Aux 12 to be a mono subgroup. Still allows you to select which of the ‘main channels’ you want to send to that sub too (just like Mono on the RM16) but it removes the aux channel faders from the signal path.

LCR is a different matter. Hard if not impossible to replicate that because it requires a single-knob three-output LCR pan control.
by robertbrady on Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:59 am
Thanks @Switchback. I'll take a look at that later on today.

I didn't even think about the fact that I didn't have the fader of the channel turned up in the main mix, I was just working with the aux mix.
by robertbrady on Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:33 am
UPDATE: After my cup of coffee, I went down to my garage and BAM, turning up the channel in the MAIN mix passed audio thru AUX12 !!

BUT, the main fader has no effect on the AUX12, so I guess I'll just have get levels set during soundcheck...
by SwitchBack on Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:45 am
The main fader controls the main outputs, the Aux12 master fader controls the Aux12 output, and the main mix channel faders control the individual channel levels in both. That should be the same as you had on the RM16.

The 'extra' control you get is the Aux mix channel faders, which is more a nuisance than a blessing I guess. Set them all to unity and you should be fine. Or change the Aux to a subgroup to get rid of them.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1