14 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I recently started using my Studiolive 32R mixer more often and noticed an annoying behavior: Everyday I use it there is at first no sound at the outputs.
When I turn the volume up at my active speakers there is a very faint, distorted signal.
After power cycling, the device everything behaves normal and the signal is normal and not distorted anymore.
This happens regardless of the input (USB / analog etc.).

A factory reset of the mixer didn't help and the mixer is already at the newest available firmware; should I open a ticket with presonus or has anyone a clue what to do?
Last edited by laawpubk on Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
by wahlerstudios on Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:21 pm
If the factory reset hasn't solved the problem, a ticket is the only option now. It's very, very seldom that a rack mixer has a technical problem. Sometimes the reason for problems have been found in electric installations, but that can be difficult to find out. Ask Support for assistance. That's the best thing to do at this point.

https://my.presonus.com > Support > Create A Ticket (orange "+" button)
by wzemzyat on Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:16 pm
Same with my brand new 16r. Gotta love the single rack space format, but expensive.

It's reliable enough and sounds great, but having to boot it twice does not instill conference with my sound guys.

Peter
by rolfleonhardt on Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:06 am
StudioLive 32R

Same here, I have to boot twice before it is working.
Sometimes after the first boot, there is a kind of white noise.

Rolf
by laawpubk on Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:20 am
In the meantime, Presonus support confirmed that this is most likely a hardware issue and referred me to my dealer, as my unit still is covered by warranty.
I did send the unit to my dealer in hope they will fix the problem.
I will keep this updated.
by jameskidd on Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:09 pm
HiI need some help, I have studioLive 24 s3 everything was working find all of a sudden I can not get studio one 5 to see my mixer in the external setup> I am using a MacMini macOS Monterey V12.5> creasy thing is the mixer is still controlling the software but it just won't show up in audio setup.
by risotto on Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:25 am
Have the exact same issue with my 32r. Support told me to send it back to my dealer. I will do so in the next 1-2 days. At the moment I think it could have something to do if there is anything connected to the outputs before booting it up. But it's definitely a no-go. I use it as our main touring inear device and it has to be perfectly reliable.

S1Pro V5 (always on latest release) + S1Pro V4 for older projects. Win10 64bit - Intel i7 6700k - 32gig RAM - MSI z170 Board - SSDs - NVIDIA graphics - no32bitanymore
by laawpubk on Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:40 am
Today I received the unit back.
First power up seems good so far - there are no issues with the inputs or outputs.
On a note it says, that the problem was identified and that the issue got fixed.
by rolfleonhardt on Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:47 am
You received the unit back.
Is it your old unit being repaired, or a complete new one?
by laawpubk on Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:52 am
rolfleonhardt wroteYou received the unit back.
Is it your old unit being repaired, or a complete new one?

As the serial number is the same I assume its the same unit.
by andrewclark12 on Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:29 am
What was the problem?
by wahlerstudios on Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:50 am
I tend to think that the solution is described in this Knowledge Base article. It has not been a hardware problem, but a driver problem.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... dows-10-11
by jsm9153 on Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:21 am
I've had this problem with 2 different 16r's. Sent the first one back and received another unit with exactly the same issue. Doesn't matter if it's connected to a computer or not. The first time it boots after being off for some time, no audio. The computer see's the interface if it's connected, but I see no input signal at all and nothing coming out.

Power down the unit for a few seconds and power back up, and everything is happy. This is not a driver issue since it happens with no computer connected as well. And it's happened with 2 separate units. Very annoying, but I ended up just accepting the defect and workaround of power cycling.

I would love for pre-sonus to A) Acknowledge this issue and B) fix it.
by wahlerstudios on Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:05 pm
Yes, it is (another) issue and the name is "First Cold Start". A typical symptom is that Main L/R have no output signal and that a restart of the mixer solves this problem temporarily. The issue is known, a repair is needed, so you should open a ticket and ask Support for assistance. Or you can return the mixer and get a third one. Just today I heard about someone who got his third brand new 16R - which seems to be working...

It really makes me sad to see that there are still mixers sold with the (known) problem, which is more than two years old.

14 posts
Page 1 of 1