4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a 16R and am very happy with it. However there are always questions...
If I route a submix with GEQ to the Main, then the GEQ seems to work on the physical output of that submix but is not applied to the send to the main. Am I missing something?

ta
by SwitchBack on Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:08 am
No, this has always been the arrangement on StudioLive mixers. And it makes sense because the GEQs are intended to tune outputs to the speakers and the room, one GEQ per output. Same for the output delays.
by alistairmcghee on Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:48 pm
Hi SwitchBack thanks for the confirmation. I understand that you have the parametric EQ on the subgroup and that is good to have, I don't see that it would hurt to have the GEQ, maybe they don't want to compound GEQ processing twice on an output. Anyway thanks for the headsup it's always good to have things confirmed by someone who knows. Thanks for replying.
by SwitchBack on Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:18 am
Stacking GEQs makes no sense. All it does is increase the maximum cut/boost per fixed frequency band from -12dB/+12dB to -24dB/+24dB. You definitely don't want to go there because at those extreme settings phase distortion (inherent to filtering) will be awful. Same for 'jagged' settings: The GEQs perform best when the controls form smooth lines.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1