2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

I was very excited today to try out my new StudioLive 32R mixer for a live show, and extremely saddened by a very audible noise coming out of the main right XLR output.

For context, I just got the unit, new. I hooked it up to my computer to do the firmware updates and install the FatChannel plugins, and did some prep on the console whilst it was being hooked up, but that is it.

I then plugged everything and to my dismay... Very noisy right output. The noise (similar to white noise), is only present on that socket, even if the main output is muted on the console. I obviously tried several cables and no luck. I also fed back this specific output back into an input and I can visually see the input monitoring of said noise on the channel, at about -40dBFS!

I tried to reset the console but no luck, and have found no related topics on the forum. Anyone could advise what are the next steps to try and fix this?

In the meantime, I have routed the main R to output aux 1 and it is clean, so I've been using this workaround, but it is less than ideal as you can imagine!

Thanks!
by wahlerstudios on Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:16 am
This is indeed not a typical problem with the rack mixers, but I have heard about a similar problem. The only thing you can and should do is to return the mixer immediately to the shop and let them care for a replacement. You can also open a ticket, but they will tell you the same. A factory reset probably will not help. Send the mixer back. Call the shop first, of course.

https://my.presonus.com > Support > Create A Ticket (orange "+" button)

2 posts
Page 1 of 1