5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have been attempting to control the Fat Channel in Studio One 5 in DAW mode with my StudioLive 32SC. However, the gate, comp, and EQ, buttons do not light up in DAW mode and the knobs and buttons will not control the EQ other than turning the EQ or bands on and off.

I am able to control the compressor but have been unable to control the EQ section while looking at the Fat Channel GUI in Studio One 5. I have tried assigned these controls to my ATOM SQ, but in User mode you can not see the EQ graphics on the Fat Channel.

This is a big bummer. Is there any way around this, or am I missing something?
by wahlerstudios on Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:32 am
The "StudioLive Series III Studio One DAW Control Addendum" says clearly in section 3.3 Fat Channel Controls: "Please note: Because of their unique Fixed Mode Fat Channel design, this functionality is not available for the StudioLive 32SX and StudioLive 32SC."

Nevertheless, the "blue" models SL 16 and SL 24 do have this functionality, also the "grey" models SL 32, 32S and 64S.
by dysanfel on Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:45 am
That is what I thought is said, but I thought there may be a work around. I guess a SSL UCI is in my future if I want tactile control.
by wahlerstudios on Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:48 pm
The UC1 is a "SSL hardware for your SSL software", which means the "SSL Native Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 plug-in". The UC1 is not a DAW controller. It needs at least one UF8 "Advanced DAW Controller" to give the "Virtual SSL Console" encoders, buttons, faders and scribble strips. A nice solution and 1,799 Euro for the "SSL UF8 UC1 Control Bundle" (without software) sounds quite OK.

But "DAW Mode" is not just controlling a DAW. The Series III mixers will continue to work as audio interface and mixer with a lot of features. Just think of 16 monitor mixes providing 8 stereo mixes for musicians and singers, or the "Interface Mode", which allows direct routing of up to 16 DAW signals to the flex mix outputs. This is something UC1 and UF8 can not deliver.

32SX and 32SC are missing important features for DAW Mode, but all the other grey and blue mixers have those features. It's really fun to use DAW Mode on a SL 16 mixer.
by dysanfel on Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:09 pm
I love my SL32SC and really don't want to replace it. So, getting something like the UC1 and using the SSL bundle instead of the Fat Channel as a channel strip for mixing seems like a great compromise to me.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1