14 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello there!

I recently ran into an issue with the 32s. Upon flipping the power switch on the mixer, the board would partially pull down the faders and that would be it. Other than the faders moving, there is no response from the board. No lights anywhere and it apparently happens before the presonus loading display. The quick fix has been to cycle power and the board seems to be completely uneffected from the event. If anyone has experienced this or can shed a little light on what happened that would be much appreciated!

- Fellow sound guy
by SwitchBack on Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:14 am
Hi and welcome to these forums :)

Probably one of two things happened: Something went wrong during a firmware update, or you switched the mixer off while it was ‘busy’ (starting up or saving settings). Don’t do that. Your mixer is a computer inside so with power up / power down treat it as such. Always give the mixer time to fully power up, and try to use the power down menu on the mixer every time you want to switch the mixer off, or at least make sure the little saving icon in the corner of the display isn’t showing.

To get your mixer going again you should do a reset to factory firmware: Hold the Home button whilst you power up the mixer. Then do a firmware update.

Hope that helps :)
by xtremesoundbystyxx on Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:20 pm
I just took my brand new presonus 32sx out of the box plugged it into my Furman power supply and flipped the power switch on and mixer will not power up. Tested the power cord on other devices which worked fine. I’m at a loss wondering why it won’t turn on. Could it be a bad power supply? I listen closely with the switch on and I can hear a faint hum as it is getting power to the board.
by wahlerstudios on Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:19 am
Unfortunately, this can happen and has happened several times in 2022, so you should either immediately return the mixer back to the shop (check the situation with them before shipping the mixer, also ask them for a replacement) or, if you have registered the mixer already, open a ticket and ask Support for assistance.

https://my.presonus.com > Support > Create A Ticket (orange "+" button)
by damirvukelic1 on Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:40 pm
This started to happen with my mixer (SL32sc) about 6 months after I purchased it. I tried everything, including disconnecting the power cord from outlet when not using the mixer. It kinda helped, but from then this non-startup tends to happen at least once a month.
by SwitchBack on Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:37 pm
What is your power down / tear down routine? Do you use the Power Off option from UC?

The mixer saves settings every time a change is made. Changes may include things like plugs removed from channel inputs. Saving changes takes half a second or so, so in a tear down / power down haze it is quite possible that the mixer is powered down in the middle of saving something, which may corrupt the settings the mixer wants to use the next time it is booted.

The only way to make sure that never happens is to use the 'Prepare to Power Off' option in UC. That forces the mixer to do a full save of all settings and then to stop working until it is rebooted.
by damirvukelic1 on Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:42 am
I hardly ever forget to save my scene before I power off the mixer. I also don't think I ever turned it off before I went for power off first.
Obviously. I always wait for the "it is now safe to turn it off" message.
by damirvukelic1 on Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:08 pm
Update: the people from the store found out that there was a trim in the powersupply and mine was set to 11.6V.
Now, they set the trim today to 12V (I think), and this was to attempt to solve the issue of mixer not powering up at times. They were given this instruction from presonus.
Now, we will have to wait to see after a couple of power on/offs if this helped.
by pedrovallejogutirrez on Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:49 am
damirvukelic1...did you finally found a solution for your nonresponsive power up in your mixer?
I have the exact same problem recently with my 32SX
you commented that they changed the trim value and it seems to work...
was that the final solution for the problem??
Thanks,
Pedro
by wahlerstudios on Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:56 am
If your mixer has the "first cold start" issue, then it needs to be returned to the shop where it was purchased. It's said that it's a small "rework", but it can take a few weeks. Mixers purchased in 2022 can have this issue.
by arvemidttun on Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:28 pm
I just bought a new SL32SC. Had it about a month now, and it has not booted 3 times. I contacted the store, that again contacted Presonus. And the problem is most likely the powersupply. And that the voltage is to low on the powersuply. Presonus replyed that It has been som issues on several mixers.
The store is ordering a brand new, checking the powersupply before they send it to me. Awsome service. 👌👌
by timkolek on Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:53 pm
After the latest firmware update, the mixer now will not power up at all. Any hints work around this?
by SwitchBack on Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:49 pm
Nothing at all? If it stays dark and silent then it's probably the power supply. If it's beginning to start up and then gets stuck you may be able to recover by switching on whilst holding the Home button. Keep holding that button until you get past where the mixer got stuck before.

As Wahler wrote the Home button is a last resort option you want to avoid if possible. It wipes the mixer of all user settings and returns firmware to factory version. If it doesn't work then a service ticket is the next step.

Out of curiosity. How do you update your Series III mixer? There are/were 3 options:
1. SD-card
2. USB connection
3. Control Port/LAN connection
I strongly recommend the last one (and disconnect USB!). SD-Card is a hassle and USB is slow. LAN (USB disconnected) on the other hand is fast and never failed me. Have both the mixer (wired) and the computer (wired or WiFi) on the same LAN/router, connected to the internet. Then use UC on the computer to initiate the update.
by timkolek on Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:23 pm
Yes, completely dark. I did update through a ethernet connection. Have a call into the place where we bought it. Hopefully they have an easy fix.

14 posts
Page 1 of 1