5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Has anybody had any issue with losing fader control or intermittent issues when using the 32R as a stage box connected to studiolive mixer with cat5 cable?
While trying to get effects through aux's, I randomly lose fader control. Sometimes I can get effects but the faders will not control anything.
Each piece works fine by itself, but together as advertised, they do not seem to work.
by SwitchBack on Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:25 pm
Hi and welcome to these forums :)

Well, CAT5 isn't good enough so no surprise there. You have to use a CAT5e or CAT6 cable. And be careful with that cable. Kinks and pinches can deteriorate a UTP cable's performance to where communication becomes unreliable even if CAT5e or CAT6 is used.

Also note that in a 32R in stagebox mode all local control is disabled. The console mixer will control the 32R's preamps (gain and phantom power) and that's it. Audio from the console mixer goes straight to the 32R's outputs.
by bpierce on Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:32 am
What SwitchBack said. Cables are the number 1 culprit for intermittent connections. AVB requires an even more consistent connection than most other protocols. Small packet drops can be very noticeable. Here is an article that will help you pick the best cables for AVB.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... -AVB-Guide
by wahlerstudios on Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:01 am
The blue Ethernet cable, which comes with all Series II mixers, is a CAT5e cable, so take that and everything should be ok. You might want to take the time to have a look at the following three screenshots, which show exactly the settings you need. The SL 16 is also a 32-channel mixer.

Attachments
SL16+32R.jpg
SL16+32R_1.jpg
SL16+32R_2.jpg
by justinsokoloski on Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:56 pm
I failed to specify that I am using a cat5e cable. Cat5 is so outdated it did not register to specify that it wasn’t cat5e.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1