9 posts
Page 1 of 1
F'edEx finally delivered my new SLIII 24R, and after letting it acclimate to the house, I racked it and did all the firmware update stuff and blah blah.

Aux 16's meter is tripping hard. The meter is lit all the way up, and I can't figure out why. Even muting all channels doesn't stop it.

I don't have anything connected to the unit. None of the other channels or Auxes show any signal, just Aux 16.

Is this a bug or a feature?

I haven't hooked up an output yet (it's late), so I don't know if this is going to be audible. I assume so.
by wahlerstudios on Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:37 am
The rack mixers have been absolutely unproblemactical until now. What you describe is not typical. Flex mix 16 is anyway only digital (no physical output). But sh... happens and the best thing you can do now is a reset. Here is the description. Please report back if the problem was solved or if it continues.

Rack Mixer
3) The Mute All Button Reset:
StudioLive Series III Rack - Factory Reset and Firmware Revert

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... are-Revert
by mattnewcomb on Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:35 pm
Thanks. I’ll try that when I get home.
by mattnewcomb on Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:29 pm
Took a minute or two, but it finally worked. Had to reboot twice. I forgot I had outputs plugged into the back, and decided to remove them for the second reboot after the plugins were installed. Aux 16 wasn't screaming, and I plugged the stuff back in. So far, no pegging meters.

Another funny thing it had been doing was if I paired Aux 15 and 16, the screen went dark, like there was a pop-up that didn't fully render. Also it would set the Mix mode back to None, when it was set for FOH. That cleared up as well.
by maurodesantis1 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:37 pm
Hi. Just reading this. I have same issue on new unit and Presonus told me to send in. Trying reboot a few times and update of firmware again with no luck.
by wahlerstudios on Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:45 pm
A reboot or an update of firmware or resetting project/scenes does not solve this problem. You have to do the Firmware Revert (press and hold the Mute All button). But check the information before you do that! You find the link a few posts earlier...
by maurodesantis1 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:52 pm
Hi thanks for response. I did do that as well. A few times actually. And then re updated firmware and plugs
by wahlerstudios on Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:52 pm
That's all we as user can do, so the next thing is to send the mixer back to the shop for repair or exchange. Or create a ticket and let PreSonus Support care for the case.
by maurodesantis1 on Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:37 am
Yep :-) Thanks again for your input.

9 posts
Page 1 of 1