5 posts
Page 1 of 1
StudioLive Series III 16R

When I connect a microphone to channel 1, and choose "Analog" input, and routing the out to USB 1, while using my headphones, I get a delayed signal on my left ear. When I plug the mic on channel 2, also choosing "Analog" input and routing out to USB 2 I get the delayed signal (voice, instrument) on the right ear, with the headphones on, This does not happen when I plug the mic into, say, channel 3 and again choose "Analog" input and route the out to USB 3. This does not happen with any other channel but 1 and 2. Are channel 1 and 2 different to all the other channels, and is there a way to make them behave like the rest of them and not have the delayed signal to the left or right ear? Thank you.

Pieter Prince

Cubase 10.5 PC
by SwitchBack on Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:24 pm
Hi and welcome to these forums :)

How is your ear connected to USB1?

I suspect that your headphones are connected to the 16R and you’re hearing the internal mono input on both ears. At the same time you’re hearing a louder stereo signal returned (with latency) from an app on your computer which is monitoring mixer channels 1&2 as a stereo input (with signal only left or right).
by pieterprince on Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:06 pm
Yeah thank you, I thought these annoying delayed signals left and right were something to do with Cubase, until I closed my Cubase app and the delayed signal was still there. I need it to be gone , so I can record vocals using the headphones. it only happens on channels 1 and 2. I've written to support at Presonus , so I'll know more in the next couple of days.
by wahlerstudios on Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:42 pm
The 16R has a "36-channel (18x18) recording over USB" matrix. Unless a Cubase stereo return is not routed to USB 17+18, it will be routed to USB 1+2. It seems that this what you hear.

Quote from the " Using Your StudioLive Mixer as an Audio Interface with Universal Control" manual:

1. Launch Cubase.
2. Go to Devices | Device Setup.
3. Select “VST Audio System” from the Devices column in the Device Setup.
4. Select StudioLive [Series III model], or PreSonus FireStudio from the ASIO Driver dropdown list.
5. Click “Switch” to begin using the StudioLive Driver.
6. Once you have successfully changed the driver, go to Devices | VST Connections to enable your input and output buses.
by pieterprince on Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:44 pm
Thank you. Yes, Stereo 1 (Out) on Cubase 10.5 is set to 17 and 18 in the Digital Return Channel on the Universal Control Mixer. The problem still occurs even before I launch or after I close Cubase.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1