5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Recording SIII FX A-D to Studio One

Here's a setup document that walks through how to record SIII FX A-D effects to Studio One.: This solution includes FX A-D but you can adapt this to include more (64S) or less based on your situation.

Attachments
Recording SIII FX A-D to Studio One.pdf
(257.99 KiB) Downloaded 576 times

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by brianhanson on Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:28 am
Trucky wroteRecording SIII FX A-D to Studio One

Here's a setup document that walks through how to record SIII FX A-D effects to Studio One.: This solution includes FX A-D but you can adapt this to include more (64S) or less based on your situation.

I have followed these instructions as carefully as a really careful person (3 times now) but it doesn't work for me. Anyone got any useful suggestions?

Mac mini M2 Pro 32Gb - Focusrite Clarett 4pre USB - Studio one on Sphere Subscription
by brianhanson on Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:51 am
support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/360056246291-StudioLive-Series-III-How-to-record-the-FX-buses-of-your-StudioLive-into-Studio-One-

I'm still struggling with this recording effects routine in to studio one. Only recently received the mixer back after 6 weeks away in Germany having a problem fixed - and I am still suspicious of the reliability of the 64S.

I have set up the aux mixes as suggested, can send and receive the various effects back as expected - - but can I route them to individual tracks to record in Studio One? No.

No signal appears as expected to be recorded in Studio on, FX A through to H. Could well be a misunderstanding from me - but grateful if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks

Mac mini M2 Pro 32Gb - Focusrite Clarett 4pre USB - Studio one on Sphere Subscription
by Trucky on Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:20 pm
brianhanson wrotesupport.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/360056246291-StudioLive-Series-III-How-to-record-the-FX-buses-of-your-StudioLive-into-Studio-One-

I'm still struggling with this recording effects routine in to studio one. Only recently received the mixer back after 6 weeks away in Germany having a problem fixed - and I am still suspicious of the reliability of the 64S.

I have set up the aux mixes as suggested, can send and receive the various effects back as expected - - but can I route them to individual tracks to record in Studio One? No.

No signal appears as expected to be recorded in Studio on, FX A through to H. Could well be a misunderstanding from me - but grateful if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks

Not sure why it's not working for you with your 64S as it works every time on my SIII 32.
How many inputs and how many FX are you using?

Post a screenshot of your I/O assignments for Inputs and the related mix in Studio One.

I updated the steps in the PDF (see attached) I posted earlier to hopefully make it easier to follow.
Hope it helps in getting this working for you!

Attachments
StudioLive Series III – Recording SIII FX A-D to Studio One.pdf
(222.06 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by wahlerstudios on Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:57 pm
By default, the 32-channel mixers use USB sends 41-48 for aux mix outputs 1-8 and USB sends 49-56 for aux mix outputs 9-16 and USB output send 56 is exactly the limit of the technical architecture of the 32-channel mixers. The 64S does not have this limit. You can use all 64 USB input and output sends. But you also have no default routing for anything, so you have to decide which sends you (and Studio One) are going to use for recording FX effects of the 64S.

This is an example based on the 32-channel layout (the SL 16 is a 32-channel mixer) and an empty song of Studio One. I added four stereo tracks in Studio One and named them FX A, FX B, FX C and FX D. Then I added four stereo input channels in the I/O section with the default naming and patched them to USB "channels" 41+42, 43+44, 45+46 and 47+48. This I/O setting has to be applied and/or confirmed by an Ok. The next step was to route the inputs of the tracks to their "channels", which was "input 1" for track FX A (stereo track 1). Then I activated the blue "listen" button and the screenshot shows the result.

Hope this helps.

Attachments
FXrecording.JPG

5 posts
Page 1 of 1