3 posts
Page 1 of 1
We have been taking our soundboard output to a Canon camera's xlr inputs, and then into wirecast from the cameras SDI output. This works pretty well, and has not been any problem.

However, I'm not wanting to add a 2nd mixboard to the system, and mix an AUX for use in a live broadcast. I would like to be able to do that in another room, and use a cat5 to get it to wirecast. However, I'm not sure we have a way to do that via the Audio Network... do we? Wirecast understands NewTek NDI, and I wondered if that conformed in any way. Or if there is some way to get the audio to Wirecast on its own without muxing it with video via a camera , etc.

Any ideas??

Owner of 32/24/16 Series III Mixers, 32.4.2 Ai, RM32Ai, Studio 192, FaderPort, 2xULT18,2x328Ai
by wahlerstudios on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:52 am
There are no AVB/Analog-Out Interfaces available, like you can get for Dante networks. The 16R rack mixer and the NSB 8.8 stagebox are the smallest "interfaces". But the EarMix 16M might be an option. Just route Main L/R via AVB to two channels and use the two Line Outs or the Headphones Out to connect audio with other devices. You can also adjust volume by using the EarMix, which might be quite helpful in the described situation. If you have an SW5E AVB Switch involved, you can use PoE, which means that you can carry the EarMix anywhere. The length of the CAT5E cable is the only restriction... ;-)

https://www.presonus.com/products/EarMix-16M
by martinav on Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:50 pm
I'm not sure I can afford that option. That will get an analog signal to my braodcast PC, but I'll need another interface to go from analog and into the PC as usb audio, or another A/V MUX device to get it to HDMI or SDI. This is audio only, so all of that is a bit overkill. Seems like there should be a cheaper way to do this. NDI has really revolutionized the video side. A newtek licensed NDI converter (Kiloview HDMI to NDI HX Encoder) is about $350, and it does have audio inputs. I'm not sure though I can do that without sending video with it. That might be the way to go.

For the time being, I have a 2ch personal mixer I'll just drag an XLR cable too and can mix that in with the other feed. That will get me by.

Thaks for your suggestion!

Regards,
Rod

Owner of 32/24/16 Series III Mixers, 32.4.2 Ai, RM32Ai, Studio 192, FaderPort, 2xULT18,2x328Ai

3 posts
Page 1 of 1