13 posts
Page 1 of 1
I upgraded to UC 3.1 yesterday, and it upgraded the firmware on 24R to 2.1.16232.

For some reason now, UC will only connect to my 24R via network connection, not USB. When I try to connect USB, UC sees it, but selecting it the spinner just spins for ever. Capture does see the 24R via USB, but does not get any of the channel names.

I've uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled UC, no change. I've disconnected network control cable, rebooted the 24R so many times.

Appreciate any input on what else to try.

Thanks!

ps. I'm on Mac Mojave 10.14.5

Apple Mac Studio Max 64gb RAM, Ventura, RME UFX III, Studio One 6, Genelec 8330A w/7350A, Sennheiser HD 650
by wahlerstudios on Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:08 pm
Haven't read anything about a special problem of the new update, but who knows what comes up... I found this thread in Answers, which might be helpful: https://answers.presonus.com/38397/usb- ... ot-working (Usb C cable not working).
by babulmukherjee on Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:43 am
Thank you so much for the clue... I'll experiment with different USB cables and see what happens.

Apple Mac Studio Max 64gb RAM, Ventura, RME UFX III, Studio One 6, Genelec 8330A w/7350A, Sennheiser HD 650
by babulmukherjee on Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:00 am
Posting this here in case anyone else runs into this issue.

I switched cables many times with no change. But if I select File->Show All Devices, it takes a second, but UC now connects every time over USB.

Capture does not have an issue connecting via USB.

Oh well, at least I'm able to get started working without too much frustration now!

by bartonpopenoe on Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:20 am
I’m having the opposite problem after updating to UC 3.1 and associated firmware update. I can connect via USB but no longer can connect via AVB. My Mac doesn’t even see my 16R on the network devices panel of the Audio MIDI app, though I'm running a cable directly between the 16R and my Mac. Both devices have IP addresses and show successful connections within the same IP range, but do not "see" each other. My AVB connection was working before the upgrade.

I’ve also had my USB connection drop consistently... still working to determine the source of that problem. Because it’s occurring repeatedly I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to determine where the conflict is occurring.

I'm running Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra
Last edited by bartonpopenoe on Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
by bartonpopenoe on Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:17 am
babulmukherjee wrotePosting this here in case anyone else runs into this issue.

I switched cables many times with no change. But if I select File->Show All Devices, it takes a second, but UC now connects every time over USB.

Oh well, at least I'm able to get started working without too much frustration now!

I'm curious where you're finding the File -> Show All Devices command. Is that in the Mac OS Finder menu or elsewhere? Maybe in the Mac Audio MIDI application Network Device Browser?
by babulmukherjee on Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:02 pm
bartonpopenoe wrote
babulmukherjee wrotePosting this here in case anyone else runs into this issue.

I'm curious where you're finding the File -> Show All Devices command. Is that in the Mac OS Finder menu or elsewhere? Maybe in the Mac Audio MIDI application Network Device Browser?

Barton - here is a link to where I am getting to Show All Devices:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhll2w6sw4g1y ... 3.png?dl=0

by wahlerstudios on Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:09 pm
May I help you (and all the ones reading here...)?

Attachments
showalldevices.jpg
by babulmukherjee on Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:05 am
Just a quick update. I finally got to the root of this problem I was having not being able to connect properly via USB. This impacted my use of Capture, Studio One as well as UC. Not a good combination of issues to work around.

The issue is related to this on the Mac: https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... -OSX-10-13

For some reason, on the upgrade to UC 3.1, the new USB extension was blocked, even though it was approved before.

I tried all week to resolve the issue, but ultimately decided to reload my music computer from scratch. Earlier this year I upgraded my High Sierra computer to Mojave, which I believe is ultimately the source of this problem. On my work computer I had similar issues with other non-music applications.

As time consuming and painful as it was to reload my music computer, my station is now working flawlessly again.
by SwitchBack on Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:23 pm
What also helps, my experience, is to let UC “Run at Startup” (check under “Settings” in the UC window). Maybe the difference is that this makes UC run at system level rather than at user level. At least for me it did the trick :)
babulmukherjee wroteJust a quick update. I finally got to the root of this problem I was having not being able to connect properly via USB. This impacted my use of Capture, Studio One as well as UC. Not a good combination of issues to work around.

The issue is related to this on the Mac: https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... -OSX-10-13

For some reason, on the upgrade to UC 3.1, the new USB extension was blocked, even though it was approved before.

I tried all week to resolve the issue, but ultimately decided to reload my music computer from scratch. Earlier this year I upgraded my High Sierra computer to Mojave, which I believe is ultimately the source of this problem. On my work computer I had similar issues with other non-music applications.

As time consuming and painful as it was to reload my music computer, my station is now working flawlessly again.

I'm having the exact same problem, however it works "sort of" fine when I've got an internet connection (???). I've been in contact with Presonus for the past few days and I'm not getting any closer to solving this issue, so I guess I'm going to have to reload my Mac again *sigh*.
by alexanderkollmeyer on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:38 pm
Hi there,

i have the same Problem with my new 24r running it on a MacMini with Catalina. The UC Software is at version 3.5 now and im unable to connect via USB. It Works wit my Very Old PowerMac from 2008 but not with my MacMini with has no problems with all the other Soft and Hardware im using :(

Is there a solution jet? as i just got the inbuild USB3 Ports i cant even fiddle around with adapters whatsoever. Im Stuck here :(

regards
Alex
by wahlerstudios on Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:43 pm
It might be worth to try the new firmware, which is available as public beta now.

viewforum.php?f=384

13 posts
Page 1 of 1