8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I have been reading for at least an hour now and am yet to find anywhere to compare the Series III Studiolive 32 to the 32S.

Can anyone tell me the difference in these models? I can see they are cosmetically different but everything else seems the same. Why would I buy a 32S over the 32?

I'm sure I am missing something probably very obvious but thank you all the same for your time.

Cheers

GT
by inky11 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:36 am
by wahlerstudios on Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:00 am
PreSonus has just released a "StudioLive Series III S Comparison Guide", which should answer most of your questions. Additionally, there is a PreSonus "StudioLive 32S Tech Sheet" available, which unfortunately still says that the mixer is "quad-core" (will be corrected soon). The SL 32 and 32D are dual-core consoles. You can find the documents on the download page.

http://www.presonus.com/products/Studio ... /downloads
by leifhansen2 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:39 pm
I find it very hard to make any sense of to the answers given to this excact question. I am looking at buying the 32s for my studio but when I use the "compare products" feature on the Presonus site i can´t see any difference between the SL 32 and the SL32S, at all.
If the difference i only cosmetic, I would rather go with the cheaper SL32, but if there is a real difference in hardware or supported firmware and thus functionallity i would not hesitate in buying the more expensive solution if it made sense.
But as long as noone can explain the real difference between these two products, i am caught in limbo, even looking outside the Presonus eco system.
Would someone please explain to me, what i am Not getting if I opt for the SL32?
by wahlerstudios on Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:54 pm
SL 32 and 32S are technically identical mixers. The 32SX and 32 SC are remarkably different to SL 24 and SL 16. The only thing to consider is that the 32S comes with the full Fat Channel Plug-in Collection. Studio One Artist is included. When you buy a used blue SL 32, the transfer of Studio One Professional will cost some money plus the update to v5. The transfer of Fat Channel Plug-ins (if there are any) also has a fee.

Get the grey 32S. It's a phantastic mixer. ;-)
by leifhansen2 on Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:48 pm
Does that mean that if I´m already subscribed to Presonus Sphere and thus have the full package of Pro edition Studio One with all the Fat Channel plug ins on my PC there would be no reason to go for the 32s, or are you talking about the onboard Fat Channel functionallity in the mixer itself that would need to be upgraded at a cost?
by wahlerstudios on Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:46 pm
If you buy a blue Series III mixer, Sphere makes the plug-ins available for the "old" mixer. Non-Sphere members have to buy the plug-ins or pay a fee of $5.00 per plug-in for transfer.
by leifhansen2 on Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:12 pm
I thank you kindly for the answers. I now feel more confident in choosing my new mixer.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1